I just recieved my chapter 7 discharge, is there any way that I can get a hud rent to own property?

Asked by cgz97talon, Tampa, FL Sat May 4, 2013

I'm a single father with a steady job with the federal government, despartly trying to get a place to live so I can fight for custody of my 6yr old daughter.

Answers

2
Riccardo War…, Agent, Bolingbrook, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
24 months after a chapter 7 BK discharges until you can purchase again.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
http://www.qmlending.com
630-330-2229
"We do FHA Loans down to a 600 Fico"
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
Typically you need two years after ch 7 until you can purchase so my advice is to rent something that will suit your needs. Most rentals are rent to owns if you want to go that route, but there are no HUD properties that can be anything but purchase.

My advice is contact a mortgage broker like the one below who is interested in working with people in an incubator situation and helping them get to purchase.

The other idea is to get into a rental so you can establish residency here. Rent to owns are very rare and take a very unique situation.

Please feel free to contact me to see what rental possibilities are in your area.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Marketing Consultants, Inc.
888-788-9544
suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com