I just got my builders quote for a 1900.00 square foot home in Egg Harbor Door County for 397,000. This seems hugely inflated. Any thoughts?

Asked by julie.weber, Egg Harbor, WI Tue Dec 4, 2012

Answers

3
Lisa Bieri, Agent, Sturgeon Bay, WI
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Julie, have you built your home yet? The cost per square foot can depend on a lot of things--mostly the level of finish in the home, the style of home (a home with a lot of angles/roof lines/etc will cost more to build) and the cost of building materials at the time. Does your cost per square foot also include site work, your well, septic. So many considerations. If you would like me to provide you with the names of some really good area builders so that you can do a comparison please give me a call or shoot me an email.
Bonita Mccomb, Home Seller, Baileys Harbor, WI
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Check out NeCottageHomes in Sister Bay.
Steve Thomas is a realistic architect and developer.
Norb Hantke, Agent, Fish Creek, WI
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Hi Julie,
Your quote does seem high unless you have it loaded with expensive upgrades? Have you signed a contract yet? If not I would be happy to give you a quote. I am also a licensed General Contractor http://www.DoorCountyCustomHomes.net I feel confident I could save you money!!
Norb