I just found out that escrow or title company has reported the original asking price to BOE. Now I am paying more on property tax. What should i do?

Asked by eddie_sushi, 91730 Sat Sep 21, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Becky Zisk’s answer
Becky Zisk, Agent, Henderson, NV
Sat Sep 21, 2013
Eddie, I don't understand "Why" the title company would report the original asking price. You should only be taxed on the price you paid for the property. I suggest you contact the tax assessors office and if you don't get results, file a complaint. Good luck! Becky
0 votes
Phil Scheinm…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Sep 21, 2013
What State are you talking about? CA? I see your zip is 91730 and you wrote the question to Nevada Agents...

Tax Appeals Assistance Program


Let me know if there is anything I can help you with and when you are ready to move to a less hassle state like Nevada!

Search http://www.Las-Vegas-Real-Estate-Home.com


Phil Scheinman, ABR, GRI, E-PRO
Broker * Sales Agent * Realtor
Realty One
2831 St. Rose ParkwaySte. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89074
Direct: 702-580-9198
Fax: 702-405-7659

0 votes
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Sat Sep 21, 2013
Hi Eddie,

Contact the Tax Assessor and find out what they need from you (showing the actual purchase price) and how you can get the property re-assessed.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more