I have the following scores.... Experian 609, Equifax 574 and Transunion 558 and these were pulled on 06/17/2013. Would I qualify for a mortgage?

Asked by Michele Taylor, Titusville, FL Thu Jul 25, 2013

Answers

8
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Sep 29, 2013
see the glitch?

Johnny just responded.................yet Miekeba's first answer shows up on the main page where Johnny's should have!!
Johnny James, Agent, Carson, CA
Sun Sep 29, 2013
You can qualify for a mortgage with any score but the rates and terms will reflect the credit risk.
Lanre Folayan, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Aug 7, 2013
Do exactly what Kelly said. Having a higher FICO Score will save you thousands of dollars over the time of your loan. Good luck to you.
Kelly Putz, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Hi Michele,

The quick answer is, yes. But it will cost you more than most.

If you can afford to wait six months, you have time to boost your score by about 50 points that will get you a better mortgage. If you can wait a year, you could jump it a possible 100 points. Simply do the following:

- if you don't have a credit card, get one, even if it is secured
- if you have one or more, use them sparingly, but use them. Don't put them in a drawer.
- always pay on time
- always pay more than the minimum due, even if it's just $5 (this alone can boost your score 5-20 points per month)
- always keep your balance lower than 50% of the limit (if you have a high balance and can get it down to this, that's a minimum 20 point boost). Below 30% is an even bigger boost.
- every now and then make a significantly larger than normal payment
- pay all bills, especially utilities, on time. They also get reported to the credit agencies.

Having been where you were years ago, I did this myself and it works.
Benjamin Tor…, Agent, Santa Maria, CA
Thu Jul 25, 2013
I am a Realtor and Counselor- I have 8year of experience as lender and credit counselor.
Credit bureus rate you credit every month if each account show in your credit more then 50 % of the credit limit your ficos will be afected and may be is droping your numbers. Each account they due a soft pulled everymonth that may drop your ficos, at times we make late payments and that will drop your credit. I could help you get your ficos back up in shape in 45 days to 60 days. Call me I will gave you more detais. I am able to block your credit so your creditos are not able to pull you credit with out your authorization, and I will review each account with you so you can work on getting ficos back up for you purchase.
Katrina Hill, Agent, WA,
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Absolutely your interest rate may be a bit higher however I know a lender that can get it done. She is fast and very very capable. Feel free to contact me and I can send you her information. We can also explore any programs that you may be eligible for that are actually interest free.

Let's talk soon.

Katrina

_____________________

Katrina Hill

REALTOR®

Washington, DC
Central Properties, LLC
1353 V Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Cell/Text: 202.409.8334
Katrina.a.Hill@gmail.com
KHill@cpredc.com
http://www.CentralPropertiesDC.com

K. Ann Decor & Design Homes
Home Staging
http://www.KAnnDecor.com
Hi Katrina. Can I get a home loan with a score of 574? Also a military veteran.
Flag Mon Sep 14, 2015
Andrea Tucker, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hi Michelle. While there are some companies that may qualify you for a mortgage with higher interest rates and huge down payments most mortgage companies look for a 640 Credit Score for a FHA Loan. My company does offer a credit restoration program as well if you are interested in raising your credit score. Please contact me for me for more info.
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hi Michele!! I know a lender that will approve 580! Contact me!
What about 574?
Flag Mon Sep 14, 2015