I have read that Ashland is not friendly to newcomers and if you do not have the right last name you are shunned & is the town leadership a joke?

Asked by Robin Z, 76226 Sun Mar 24, 2013

Moving from out of state trying to find a good high school for football and welcoming town.

Answers

2
Pattysell10, Home Buyer, Ashland, NE
Mon Jul 6, 2015
I do not know where you heard that. The school has
one of the highest rating in the country, with a great football and wrestling program. Moved to Horse Lake from Lincoln in Mar. and the community is the friendliest and welcoming I have ever seen. Already made many new friends. My cousin was just signed by Coach Mike Riley to play for UNL. Ashland is growing and there are many newcomers. I 80 is near and half way to Omaha and Lincoln. I hope this helps.
Joe, Home Buyer, Ashland, NE
Thu Sep 25, 2014
I do not know about the leadership of the town, but you are correct in your description of the town. There is no middle ground in this town. Either you have lived there your whole life and know everyone or the new people have so much money, they don't care who you are. It is very difficult to buy a nice home there in the $200,000 range and the homeowners do not feel they need to fix anything and expect a full price offer.