I have read conflicting reports on the level of safety in the Gulfport and Stetson areas. Locally are these

Asked by Carol, Mass City, MI Wed Mar 25, 2009

areas regarded as safe for part time residents?

Answers

3
INRCHLD, Home Buyer, Gulfport, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
We have resided in Gulfport two years after a four year search for our "final" home and community. We have never felt unsafe in our home. The police department are excellent and quickly on top of the slightest complaint. Although we haven't rented anything in 20 years we invested in two rentals! One Seasonal and one year round. Our seasonal rents quickly, we have no problems and many compliments. There are many evening activities here. Dancing at the Casino, The Hickman Theatre, strolling Beach Blvd on Art Walk nights or really any night with the lucious restaurants , trees illuminated and of course the never tiresome view of Boca Ciega Bay by day or night. You can walk or bicycle to any of them and feel safe. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
James Moran, Agent, St Petersburg, FL
Wed Mar 25, 2009
Hi Carol,

I'll second Russ's advice. Even though I'm not a resident I manage to make it to Gulfport several times a month & I love the area. Here's a link to trulia's crime stat page - http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Gulfport-Florida/community… It shows Gulfport's property crimes to be about the same as the rest of the county & about 1% higher than the rest of the state but violent crimes are about half the county's & significantly lower than the rest of the state. Like every other town that I've ever visited there are areas that you may want to avoid but you find that anywhere.

Jim Moran
Broker Associate/Realtor
Prudential Tropical Realty
W 727-799-2227 ext 223 C 727-278-4711
Email: jimdmoran@tampabay.rr.com
Russ Williams, , Saint Pete Beach, FL
Wed Mar 25, 2009
I have been listing and selling real estate in Gulfport for over 20 years and personally live in Gulfport. I have been asked that question often. My answer is always....Check with the Gulfport Police Department...727-893-1030. In all those years, I have NEVER had a potential new buyer decide to avoid Gulfport after speaking with the Police Department.. Gulfport is a town of approx. 12,000 residents, many of which are part time and have enjoyed years of ownership without any safety issues.
Web Reference:  http://russwilliams.com