I have no credit and my bf has bad credit but we want a house what can we do?

Asked by Nicole Marie, Kansas City, KS Tue Jul 1, 2014

Answers

3
Jennie Murphy, Home Buyer, Kansas City, KS
Wed Oct 8, 2014
Buy from and investor and do a lease to own or owner financing !!!

Jennie Murphy
propertyinvestments@elpasotel.net
Brian Turner, , Leawood, KS
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Nicole there is a FHA no FiCO program if you have nothing on your credit and you can afford the home on just your income. Give me a call.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Jul 1, 2014
Hi Nicole,
No credit is easier to fix than bad credit, but both will take some time. The simple answer is get some credit and us it well and fix what's wrong with your boyfriends credit.
Your bank may be a good place to start to get a credit card and start your credit journey. Use it for gas, groceries and things you'd pay cash for now and PAY IT OFF every month. Do not be lured into "low monthly payments" for something you can save up for and truly afford.
Your boyfriends issues must be understood to be corrected, but some steps are to pay everyone on time. Pay down balances on open accounts to 1/3 or less then the limit. Dispute in writing any errors on each report directly to Transunion, Equifax and Experian, the credit reporting companies. Do not close any accounts or pay off any old collections unless your lender tells you to.
Some loan officers can assist with credit repair and this could be very helpful for you. Best of luck.