I have never owned a home but would like to, can you tell me what I would need, and how I would go about getting my self ready to buy a home.

Asked by Carol Gibson, 14609 Fri Jan 17, 2014

I'm clueless on this.

Answers

2
Gary Norselli’s answer
Gary Norselli, Agent, Rochester, NY
Thu Jan 23, 2014
Hi Carol,

Education is key when it comes to purchasing your first home! It is important to have an good understanding of the entire process.

As mentioned before, the first steps are to get pre-qualified and find a Licensed Real Estate Agent.

Start by speaking with your bank regarding their rates and programs. Check with your family, friends, or colleagues to see if they have had good experiences with any of their mortgage lenders too. Finally, your Real Estate Agent should be able to provide a few good recommendations for mortgage lenders as well.

When it comes to selecting your Real Estate Agent, don't be afraid to interview a few Agents before deciding who you would like to work with. Your Agent should be able to walk you through the home buying process, point out details that you'll want to keep in mind or consider, provide recommendations and tips at different steps of the process, and be able to answer any questions you have.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to meet one day soon - I would be glad to help you get started as you begin your home search!

Gary Wolyn
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Keller Williams Realty Greater Rochester West
Claire-Anne…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Sun Jan 19, 2014
The first step is to touch base with a lender. Shop around, like Realtors, not all lenders are created equal. Have them talk to you thoroughly about rates and expenses that come with a home purchase - it is not just a mortgage but in industry speak there is PMI, appraisals, inspections, etc to be factored in. Closing costs as well.
Once you have an approved amount it is time to shop - for a solid Realtor. Find one that is a good match for you, you want to make sure you can talk to this person and that they have experience/knowledge in the area you are wanting to buy. Have them also discuss the process and the purchase agreement as well as their duties to you. You want to make sure your best interest is on hand at all times.

Hope that helps
caa