I have international investors (Cash Buyers ) from Canada and India UK willing to buy properties in the USA

Asked by James, Los Angeles, CA Wed Nov 30, 2011

1) How do the international investors get home ownership as a foreigner
2) We being the marketing company bringing these investors i.e buyers to the table how do we protect our interest and not get circumvented by the buyer or seller, do we create an assignment clause if so how ? or are they any other creative ways to protect our marketing firm from getting paid

Answers

12
Sammiewest19…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Sep 19, 2016
How do I bring these foreign cash buyers to my email address to start purchase my properties I have
Pat , Home Seller, Perry, FL
Thu Jul 9, 2015
FOR SALE-------- USA ---FLORIDA--- FOR SALE BY OWNER
PRICE REDUCED TO $200,000 LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
CALL USA 850-584-4678 OR patcook16@yahoo.com
CASH ONLY-----HOUSE ALMOST 2000 SQ FT ON 5 ACRES. IN CITY LIMITS.
WALKING DISTANCE TO National BUSINESSES. On Main North - South Hwy through town. Across HWY from HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & TRACTOR SUPPLY. CHANGED ZONING TO MULTI FAMILY BECAUSE WANTED TO BUILD 100 UNIT APT COMPLEX. CHANGED MIND. NO LOSS OF LAND DUE TO CITY CODES.
MY Husband had a stroke and want to sell--- NOW. NOW
LOCATION : PERRY FLORIDA USA, 113 LEWIS DR.( ARIELS SCKEWED not correct)
VERY QUIET HOUSE, JUST ASK THE RENTERS. RENTS AT $800-900 per month. 3 BED, 2 BATH, CENTRAL AC/HEAT. HARD WOOD FLOOR AND A TILED BATH. ALMOST 2000 SQ FT ON 5 ACRES. IN CITY LIMITS.
Donnell Mull…, Home Buyer, Seabrook, SC
Sat Jun 27, 2015
Do you still have international investors?
Donnell Mull…, Home Buyer, Seabrook, SC
Sat Jun 27, 2015
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Jan 12, 2014
International buyers buy like anyone else. It's when they rent or sell that they must pay taxes. If you are licensed as real estate agents in your country, then we can pay you a referral fee. Our real estate laws/rules governing our professional conduct are quite strict.
eileencooper…, Home Seller, Marble Falls, TX
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Hey no answer, but i would like to sell my Texas home to international or Canadian cash buyer. Can you help me do that? Contact me at eileencooperday@gmail.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Jan 31, 2012
James, there is so much we don't know about your enterprise.
The nature of your question suggests you have not fully reconciled your infrastructure with the marketing environment and reality around you. This confusion has resulted in answers to a question you did not ask. I understand your question.

Unfortunately, there is not a simple answer. Not a one solutions fits all remedy.
Let's start with:
Exactly what are you SELLING?
What is the quality of what you are SELLING?
Has any vetting occurred that increases the quality of what you are SELLING?
Do you have any real skin invested in what you are SELLING?
What is your confidence in the quality of what you are SELLING?
Will you accept deferred payment on what you are SELLING?

Now, should there be any remaining folks interested in what you are SELLING, the ability to protect your interests are very simple and the process of foreign ownership is a cake walk.
So elaborate more on exactly what you are selling.
Web Reference:  http://www.MyDunedin.com
Edith Colon, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Jan 31, 2012
James, I have great investment properties in Miami, fort lauderdale and Orlando Florida . Great opportunities for your buyers and even better referral fees. The cap rate of this properties are between 7 to 9 percent for the first 2 years. Excellent locations.
Luis, Home Seller, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Dec 14, 2011
James I have my mansion of 6500 sq.ft. for sale in the Dominican Republic. You don't need to be licensed in this country to get your commission.
This mansion is rented now as vacation rentals and generates good ROI.
If interested to show this magnificent property to your investors, just get in touch and I’ll send you all the information. nativosfc@yahoo.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Nov 30, 2011
JAmes in order to get a commission you would need to be licensed in the state they are buying. In order to get a referral fee, you may have to at leats hold a real estate license in at least one state in the USA. Working with a local and licensed firm will protect your interests. You should disclose to them up front what your intentions and referal needs are to see if they will work with you
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed Nov 30, 2011
James,

Yes, working via a legitimate license holding real estate professional with referrals would likely be the correct way to approach this scenario.

Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Wed Nov 30, 2011
at least in Florida, to get a commission or referral fee from a real estate transaction, you must hold an active real estate license.