I have heard that Palomares Hills and Five Canyons are good areas in Castro Valley. Can you tell me more?

Asked by Doug, Castro Valley, CA Thu Aug 20, 2009

about these neighborhoods?

Answers

7
Meena Gujral, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Thu Aug 27, 2009
Hi Doug,
Palomares Hills and Five Canyons are both excellent areas of Castro Valley and are very desirable because of the best Elementary schools and the upscale homes. Palomares Hills was built by Shapel. There are homes in Palomares Hills that range from 22 years in age to as new as 9 years and consist of Single Family homes, Duets and Townhouses. There are some beautiful view homes and it is an exclusive area with Villareal as the main road leading into the area. Palomares Hills is close to highway 580 and is an easy drive to the Pleasanton Stoneridge shopping Mall. The Elementary school is Jensen Ranch and as mentioned earlier it is a top rated award winning school.
Five Canyons was built by Centex. These are newer than Palomares Hills and range from 14 years to the newest being 8 year old. There are 5 developments in Five Canyons that have all Single Family Homes. They are Gold Creek, Canyon Oaks, Abbeywood, Whispering Oaks and Creekside. There is another development in Five Canyons that consist of townhouse and that area is called Wildwood. A new Montessori school was built next to the Wildwood development. The elementary school for Five Canyons is Independent School which is also excellent. Five Canyons is close to Mission, Highway 880, 92 and 580.
As of today August 28, 2009, there are 11 homes in Five Canyons and Palomares Hills ranging from $459,000-$927,000.

If there is anything you need to know about Five Canyons, Palomares Hills, Castro Valley Schools or Castro Valley in general, you can reach me at 510-279-9580.

You can also go to my website at:
http://www.helpusellachievers.com

To see all the homes I have listed and sold in Five Canyons and Palomares Hills, Castro Valley, go to:
http://www.helpusellachievers.com/About_Castro_Valley/page_2…

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
510-279-9580
Isi Wu, Agent, Alameda, CA
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Hi There Doug... Palomares Hills & Five Canyons are both hugely popular masterplanned communities... There was one major developer/builder for Palomares Hills... this community sits at the eastern end of Castro Valley and has long been considered one of the premier communities in Castro Valley... the older homes begin at the bottom of the hill as you drive up the hill the homes are newer... there are duets, townhouse, single family residences throughout the community, each section possess certain amenities specific to that area... there are multiple community pools, a widely used tennis court area with various local tennis clubs using the facilities, a main clubhouse and swimming pool and schools for the children...there is a multitude of floorplan configurations, many with valley views and pano views.. many people know this community for its red tile roofs and the huge section of hill its built on ... with its own fire station... another distinction is there's one way in and same way out.

Five Canyons is another premier community but the difference is there were multiple developers and builders involved in the building ... specific names for each mini community within ... you'll find the homes vary in workmanship and quality specific to the builder...it is newer than Palomares... Again there is a multitude of floorplans and amenities... Huge Huge main pool and various others throughout... neighborhood play areas and walking paths... prices can go up to multi-million dollar range... some of the homes at the top end of the hill possess much more square feet than Palomares homes. At Five Canyons there is a front way in and out and back way in and out.

Both communities appeal to young families, larger families, empty nesters, professionals and retirees who prefer the master planned community lifestyle and the amenities that are offered... and of course they prefer hillside living away from the hustle and bustle.

If you'd like more input I'd be happy to oblige.
Thanks for your inquiry...
Isi
Web Reference:  http://www.IsiWu.com
Tim Ambrose, Agent, Castro Valley, CA
Thu Aug 20, 2009
Hi Doug,

You heard correct. I've lived here in Castro Valley for the past eight years and can assure you that the schools are great crime is very low and the weather is always just a little nicer than other area. There is a new Community Theater, it's centrally located and easy freeway access. There is a wonderful golf course Willow Park and lots of hiking trails. Not sure what else you need to know except to plan a day trip and take a look around town. If you would like a list of current homes available let me know. I hope this helps.

Tim Ambrose
510-258-8909
Web Reference:  http://www.timambrose.com
Nunini, Home Buyer, Castro Valley, CA
Fri Mar 10, 2017
They are terrible if you want to walk downtown or to middle schools/high school, etc.
Sherie Corse…, , Contra Costa County, CA
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Yes they have more upscale homes and the schools are excellent.

With over 12 years in the Real Estate industry, I have been through every kind of market. I have sold hundreds of homes and would like to be your advocate! Whether you are a first time buyer or have been through multiple transactions, I will guide your through the process step by step. I will streamline the buying process and make sure your transcation goes smooth. From locating properties, viewings, contract negotiations, inspections, escrow liason, complete transaction management, you will be worry-free. I would love the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your goals and to see if we would make a good team. I am available weekdays, weeknights and weekends. Please call, text or email me anytime so we can schedule a meeting. Please also include what city and price range you are looking in so I can get some properties over to you right away for review. I am looking forward to being your advocate and finding you a new home! Sherie Corsello 925.575.1856 or sheriecorsello@earthlink.net
Rose V. Boas, Agent, Danville, VA
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Palomares Hills was built by master home builder Shapell Homes/Shapell Industries. One of the top luxury builder in California.

http://www.shapellhomes.com/

My best to you. ☼ ♥
Amit, Home Buyer, 19047
Mon Nov 30, 2009
Would like to tag on a follow up question to this. How do the Palomares Hills and Five Canyons areas of Castro Valley compare to San Ramon and maybe La Morinda?

ACV