I have had a home forclosed on in 2008. I have paid my debts and or paid a settlement offer. I am a retired vet. Can i use my VA loan certificate?

Asked by gavinrahy, Slidell, LA Wed Oct 16, 2013

Answers

4
Tanesha Royal, Agent, Slidell, LA
Wed Oct 16, 2013
Yes you can use your VA home loan to purchase a home as your primary residence. You must have suitable credit, sufficient income, and a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to be eligible for a VA-guaranteed home loan. The home must be for your own personal occupancy. The eligibility requirements to obtain a COE are listed below for Service members and Veterans, spouses, and other eligible beneficiaries. I hope this information helps you to get started.

Tanesha Royal Realtor
Realty Executives
(504) 382-3324
, ,
Wed Oct 16, 2013
Hi Gavinrahy,

Thank you for your service.

Yes you can use your VA entitlement as long as you qualify. VA only requires a 2 year "wait" after a foreclosure to be eligible but you do have to show that you have re-established your credit since the foreclosure.

Check out my recommendations here on Trulia from some of my past clients by clicking the following link.

http://www.trulia.com/profile/johnburke/#__rec

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help. You can also find info on my VA Mortgage website by clicking the link below.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Peoples Bank & Trust
(877)228-9069
Kevin Savoie,…, , Slidell, LA
Wed Oct 16, 2013
First, thank you you for your service. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it but like Noah suggested I would call a lender first. I recommend Tiffany Bruno with NOLA Lending, 985-246-9110. You can also call or text me anytime, 985-788-5665.
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Wed Oct 16, 2013
Only your lender can answer this question. There too many things to consider. If you do not have one already, find a Mortgage broker or loan officer you feel comfortable with and discuss this with them.
The best of luck.