I have done lots of research, and my family (husband, 2 sons (ages 6 & 14yrs) are looking to move from Long Island, NY to the North Port area soon.

Asked by LIsa Levy, North Port, FL Sat Jun 29, 2013

Answers

7
roger colby, Agent,
Tue Aug 13, 2013
I moved down here from N.Y. over 12 years ago. The first couple of years was culture shock and I had to get use to things moving at a much slower pace down here compared to N.Y. Once you get over the culture shock, you will see that North Port is a nice place to live.
skier5722, Home Buyer, North Port, FL
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Dont know if you have visited the area, but be prepared for culture shock. My wife and I moved to North Port in 1995. What a change from NY, Nothing gets done quickly, I MEAN NOTHING.. Be very careful when hiring anyone to do work for you> I am a retired police officer and it is my opinion that more then half of the people you will deal with are trying to con you. We couldnt take the slow pace and the disfuntional govt, so we moved back to NY. Good luck. If you can, rent in North Port until you find out if you like it.
Debbie Benni…, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Tue Jul 2, 2013
I live in North Port and have since 1990 and love it. If you would like help finding the perfect home, I would be glad to help. I can set up a property search where properties that match your criteria are emailed to you as they become available on the market.
I look forward to helpiing you with your real estate needs.
Debbie Bennice, Realtor
Century 21 Almar & Associates
Office: 941-627-3321 Ext. 1089
Email: Debbiebennice@msn.com
Sherry Bitner, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Sarasota, FL
Sun Jun 30, 2013
If you need a mortgage to purchase the home, I am able to pre-approve you for a mortgage before you start shopping for a home. We have 29 wholesale mortgage lenders to choose from that will provide you with the most competitive rates and the loan program that meets your specific needs. Please visit my website http://www.SherryBitner.com to get to know me, and feel free to call me or email me with any questions you may have. My email address is Sherry@SherryBitner.com
John Riche, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Sun Jun 30, 2013
John Riche, North Port
I have lived in North Port since 2009 and enjoy the area. If you have not selected an agent to work with as yet, I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to work with you to find a home for your family here. John Riche, Exit Realty Welcome Home
(814)688-5455 or jrriche@gmail.com
Maria Mesaro…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sat Jun 29, 2013
I would love to answer any question you may have regarding Real Estate in North Port or Sarasota.
If you wish to search on your own you can visit : http://www.ImpulseRealty.net and under search MLS you can find any property listed in real time. Also if you click on : "more search options" you could input deeper search.
If you find property you like, you can email to me and I will help you to get more information.
Option 2: Email me your request with email contact and I will set you for auto email with all properties coming to the market every day.
If you would like to chose location of your property based on school,please let me know and I will email you school info.You can always call me at : 941-284-4242
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Sat Jun 29, 2013
I would be happy to send you some listings directly from the MLS if you could provide me with your search criteria. I can send you some information about buying a home in this area as well such as homeowner insurance, inspections, taxes, etc. If I can help in any way, please contact me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/