I have checked Google traffic but wanted some opinions from those in the area. What is the commute time from areas such as Greystone to Bham?

Asked by Michelle, Washington, DC Thu Jun 28, 2012

Answers

10
Karen, Home Seller, Hoover, AL
Sun Jul 15, 2012
Ross Bridge is a great option and is a very easy commute to downtown without gettng on an expressway. It is a very nice neighborhood with sidewalks, activities, walking trails, pools, parks, golf course and voted in 2011 the best small town community in America. Houses in all price ranges.You should take a look here before you decide on anything near 280. I did and I am so glad that I did not put myself in the middle of that traffic everyday. Now.....I am in the process of selling (not sold yet) and retiring to FL.
Renee Hamilt…, Agent, Hoover, AL
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Just wondering if Hoover was an option? My husband commutes towards Birmingham and it's easy access to I65 and I459. Check out neighborhoods like Ross Bridge, Trace Crossings or The Preserve. They are favorites in the Hoover area. I live in Riverchase but it's an older established neighborhood. The 280 near Greystone can be tough. Your going to hit a lot of traffic lights from Greystone to I459. Looks like Georgeann has given some great information below about the Grants Mill to 20 drive. Feel free to call me with any questions if your interested in Hoover, AL.

Renee Hamilton - Hoover Realtor
http://www.reneehamilton.realtysouth.com
205-504-0421
Sawagw, Both Buyer And Seller, Birmingham, AL
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Plan on at least an hour during rush hour possibly two if there is a wreck. No way I would live out there. Try Homewood, Mountain Brook or Vestavia and enjoy your life instead of spending it stuck in traffic.
Thanks for your reply--we aren't looking for a long commute (have done that before). I appreciate the response!
Flag Sun Jul 1, 2012
Cindy Goldman, Agent, Hoover, AL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Hi Michelle,

I live in this area, and depending on the time of your commute, it can vary from 20 minutes up to 45 minutes. You can email me or phone me for further information about these areas.
If you do have a relo company, I am very familiar with relo company procedures on both a professional and personal level. Would love to work for you.

Cindy Goldman
205-807-3149
goldmancindyr@gmail.com
http://www.birminghamarealiving.com
Georgeann Ca…, , Birmingham, AL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Yes, that is certainly a possibility. It is easily accessible from the newer areas/sectors of Greystone. Grants Mill can be fairly curvy, but a great alternative to Hwy 280 if needed. I would also suggest some areas of Inverness as well as some areas of Indian Springs/Heatherwood. Depending on house pricing, style, and your other individual needs, there is alot to choose from here.

Feel free to call or email me anytime I can help you.

You can visit my website at http://www.georgeanncarter.com to learn more about me--it is hard being new to an area and trying to pick a good agent! We have all been there.

Another thing you should know is that Alabama is a "buyer beware" state and has some peculiarities that no other state has....Anyway, if you are relocating with a company program, you can request what agent you want to work with. I am happy to cooperate with any relocation company (if there is one involved).

Have a great day!

Georgeann Carter
Remax Advantage, Associate Broker
205.447.0704
Michelle, Home Buyer, Washington, DC
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Thank you for the replies. We are waiting for the final confirmation on our move in two weeks and will begin a more active search and visit then. I am trying to pinpoint some of the most promising areas we would want to explore right now. I am curious if Grants Mill to 20 would be an option if you are coming from Northernest part of Greystone?
Georgeann Ca…, , Birmingham, AL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Yes...and I guess I should clarify the first answer a little more...when you said Greystone area---my response was based on being pretty close to 280 at the start of the commute. Many of the neighborhoods are "deep" in that it can take you 20 minutes just to get out of the neighborhood depending on how far in you are located.

Yes, there are many options around here---what is your price range and bed/bath feature "would likes"...

Also, if you email me here

carterrg@att.net

I will get your responses quicker and also can email you back some houses that may fit...
Michelle, Home Buyer, Washington, DC
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for the information! I'm trying to get a feel for the area and your response was helpful. It would be during traditional rush hours, so I am guessing the 45 minute commute would be most accurate. Do you know if there are any of these types of communities (good school district, community pool, parks, sidewalks, etc) closer in. We tend to like these types of communities and have lived in several over the years.
Georgeann Ca…, , Birmingham, AL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Hi Michelle, it depends on what route you take and what time of day....I would say 45 minutes, during mid to heavier but flowing traffic---30 minutes or less under light traffic to get "downtown". I 65 and 20 intersect on the west end of town.

There are plenty of options---that is a great attribute of the Birmingham area! I have lived here 17 years and love it. I have worked full time in real estate for the past 14 years and prior to that in the consulting engineering industry.

Let me know if I can help you!

Georgeann Carter
Associate Broker, Remax Advantage
205-447-0704
carterrg@att.net
Michelle, Home Buyer, Washington, DC
Thu Jun 28, 2012
I should have said downtown Birmingham--around the cross section of 20 and 65?