I have cash/money to buy a mobile home, Ft. Myers area.Due to credit problems, looking for places that will rent the lots to us. Thanks can you help?

Asked by acelalady, North Fort Myers, FL Thu Dec 27, 2012

Answers

4
sbrandon67, Home Owner, North Fort Myers, FL
Tue Feb 19, 2013
$600 per month is $7200 per year. You may be able to find a nice condominium with low maintenance fees. As an example assume maintenance fees are $250 per month which is $3000 per year. This puts over $4000 per year in your pocket for mortgage payments or other uses when compared to mobile home lot rental.. There are condominiums available in the Fort Myers area for less than $25000. Using your $10000 cash and your $4000 per year savings, you could have the condominium paid off in 4 years. The cost of renting a mobile home lot could continue forever. Search the internet for 1005 Tropic Terrace or for other condominiums.
Linda HIltbo…, , Fort Myers, FL
Fri Dec 28, 2012
I wouid suggest Horizon Village in North Fort Myers. If you were to look in Del Tura Golf and Country Club and Lake Fairways or Pines Lakes, they are strict on the credit issue. Although it is not fair, and I object to this criteria for ownership in those communities, there is no way around it. I am sure I can find you a nice home in Horizon Village for $10,000. When will you be in the area to look at homes? If you give me your e-mail address, I'd be happy to send you listings of homes that are under $10,000 or close in price.

Also, the lot rents in Del Tura, Pines Lakes and Lake Fairways continue to rise. My lot rent just went from $697 to $714 starting January 1, 2013, so lot rents go up about 3% per year and the management gets away with this.

Linda J. Hiltbold
Marlin Iinternational Realty
Home: 239-543-8338
E-Fax: 1-866-336-9839

Take care, be well and have a good day!
acelalady, Home Buyer, North Fort Myers, FL
Fri Dec 28, 2012
$10,000 cash money for the Mobile Home, up to seven hundred for the lot rent, I have a decient penson, but had credit problems in the past that are affecting my qualifing for the mobile estates to rent to me. Can you help. There has to be a place that will let my buy there and rent their lot to me. Thanks
Linda HIltbo…, , Fort Myers, FL
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Good Evening, AceLady:
This is Linda Hiltbold of Marlin International Realty in Fort Myers, I live in a very nice community in North Fort Myers where the lot is leased.

What price range are you looking for in buying a manufactured home? What amount of monthly lot lease are you prepared to pay? Depending on the community, and the amenities available, determines the amount of the lot lease.

I've lived in Lee County, Florida for the past 22 years and live in a gated, golf course community and pay $714 per month lot lease, plus water and sewer, electric and cable. There are many other communities that have lower lot rents. I can send you more listings that show the homes available.

Feel free to call me at 239-223-9091 or at home at 239-543-8338 or e-mail back to me at lhiltbold@aol.com Thank you and have a good day.

Linda J. Hiltbold
Marlin International Realty
239-223-9091
239-543-8338