I have been watching a house listed in Delaware, OH. It's status shows Contngt-Fin/Ins and is a HUD home.

Asked by Thomas, Delaware, OH Fri Sep 21, 2012

It's status has been at this point for what seems like a very long time. What does Contngt-Fin/Ins? I'm really interested in the house. Would I be able to put an offer on it or have to wait and see if the current offer falls through?

Answers

1
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Sep 21, 2012
It would mean that they are stalled due to CONTINGENCIES;
They are under CONTRACT, but the Contingencies have ot be satisfied to proceed further.

There is a chance that it will fall out of Escrow:
Have your Realtor contact the Listing Agent, and find out if it would do any good to provide a BACK-UP Offer; sometimes they will hold it, and sometimes it will go in the Circular File.

In any case; I wouldn't hold my breath, and that's what people do with a Back-Up; they are afraid to look at other houses, or make other offers, for fear that their pig-in-a-poke will come thru.

I would tell my Client to MOVE ON.

Good luck and may God bless