I have been taken advantage of by a loan modification company. The man I talked to had told me disregard whatever notices or calls I received from

Asked by Jennifer Hodyna, 49321 Mon Jul 26, 2010

my mortgage company, because they were supposed to contact him. So I didn't think anything of it when there was a notice on my door telling me my house would be sold in sheriff's sale (I called him and he said "Just take it down, I'll contact them". My home was sold May 5, 2010, I was contact 2 days after this by the loan mod company, who simply said, "You didn't get me the paperwork I needed" (which I did!!) I have contacted so many lawyers and businesses who say the same thing..that I would be able to take this company to small claims court, but I would not be able to keep my home. My payment history was not horrible, and I work 40 hours a week at a steady job. Is there anyone out there willing to do land contracts in a decent area? I have talked to my credit union and I will be able to purchase whatever home I get into within 3-5 years. I also have a good down payment. My name has been dragged through the mud. If anyone can help or knows someone who can, please let me know

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Jennifer at this point you need to call the states attorney generals office in your state to file a complaint with this business. hopfully the busines sis located in the same state which you live. You will also need to contact an attorney, the AG's office may have a list of non profit organizations that can help or a pro bono lawyer that takes on these cases at no charge to the client.

i wish you luck in working things out
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Mon Jul 26, 2010

I, too, am very sorry that you lost your home.

I suggest you contact your State's Attorney General's Office to report the loan modification company scam.

I dougt you will be able to find a Seller to agree to a land contract for a 3-5 yr term. But if you do, please hire an attorney who handles residential real estate matters to represent you. Some land contract offers are scams too.

Your best bet may be to rent an apartment or home until you can repair your credit.
0 votes
Cathy Catale…, Agent, staten island, NY
Mon Jul 26, 2010

I am sorry you lost your home. I would highly recommend you to contact a foreclosure attorney for legal advise on this matter. There can be too many details that you haven't disclosed here to give any adive..Also, There are so many different laws regarding short sales, bank owned and foreclosure which change too often.

Good luck to you.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Comstock Park Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more