I have been sent court papers r/t Motion for Summary Final Judgement of Foreclosure and Assessment of Attorney's Fees and Costs. What do I need to do?

Asked by Jennirinni, Tampa, FL Sat Jul 28, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Call a lawyer, that what I would do
1 vote
Loretta Buck…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Jul 30, 2012
"Call a lawyer" is right--and don't stop with one, speak with several. Every situation is different, and there a many mitigating factors which you have not mentioned, such as:
~Are you behind on anything else? (credit cards, etc.)
~Is this your homestead property?
~Do you have legitimate, verifiable hardship (loss of income or job, medical issues, etc.)?

Do not be afraid of legal documents--they give you more informaiton than you may realize. Many banks are now mediating foreclosures prior to going through the process of stripping you of your property--inform yourself!
0 votes
Eddie Collazo, Agent, Lithia, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Did you try to work out your situation with the bank? Are you planning to pay back what you owe so you can keep your house? If your answer is NO to any of these questions you need to contact us, Foreclosure is not the answer. Our team of experts will help you out by professionally negotiate a short sale on your home and prevent more and future damage to you and your family. Our services are FREE to You, contact me today at ShortSales@TheCollazoGroup.com.
0 votes
Erek Kirsten, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
It depends on what you want to accomplish. You did not state whether you had ever answered the summons or had been fighting the foreclosure. Send me an email and we can discuss it.
Web Reference:  http://www.KirstenRealty.com
0 votes
Debbi Tinker, Agent, Brandon, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
As mentioned, it is important that you consult with an attorney to find out what your options are. I know a very experienced attorney that you can use for a consultation. If he does suggest that you list your home as a short sale, be sure you use a Realtor that is very experienced in doing them. This can make a huge difference in the outcome! Call if you need any assistance.

Debbi Tinker, GRI, CDPE,TRC
Keller Williams
0 votes
Jeffery Lonas, Agent, Clearwater Beach, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Hi Jennirinni,

Just like everyone has stated, seek advice from an attorney. If you are still in the home you might be able to short sale your home. It really depends on how far along you are in the foreclosure process. Many attorney's will sit down and do a no cost consultation with you. Please feel free to contact me if I can help in any way. Best of luck.

Jeffery Lonas
Real Estate Consultant
Keller Williams Gulfside Realty
Join me on Facebook
0 votes
Daphyne Thom…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Hello Jennirinni,

I'm specialize in short sales and I know many times these letter that come from the courts can be scary. If you want to send me the address, I can look it up for you. I also do have a team of attorneys that I work with to assist with the banks too and they offer a free 1 hour consulation.

My best advice is to not sit on this and be proactive. If I can help in anyway, feel free to contact me.
0 votes
Kenny Braver…, , Tampa, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Any legal questions should be directed to an attorney..... If you don't have the home listed for Short Sale, I can assist you with that and feel free to contact me.
0 votes
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
You need to contact an attorney.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more