I have been living and working overseas for almost 12 years and because of this my credit / credit score suffered. I in fact have no score! I need to

Asked by Mo, Chesterfield, MO Thu Nov 12, 2009

buy a house as my kids are soon going to college. How can I qualify for a mortgage, keeping in mind that I am a first time home buyer.


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Maya Kefalov’s answer
Maya Kefalov, Agent, Frontenac, MO
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Hi Mo,
I am a certified relocation specialist with Coldwell Banker Gundaker (the market leader in real estate in the US) and about 30% of my buyers are relocating from Europe or South America, or other states within the US. Your case is not impossible to resolve as long as you have about 3-6 months for your relocation. I am experienced in establishing credit history for over-seas buyers through various networks of bankers and private mortgage brokers and I would be glad to share the steps you need to take and their contact information with you. Let me know what your time frame of moving is, where you are moving from, were you employed, or were you a business owner or home-maker during the 12 years abroad. I can get an answer on your particular situation within a week from today, 12-7-11. E-mail me at mkefalov@cbgundaker.com.

0 votes
Terry Willis, Agent, O Fallon, MO
Thu Nov 12, 2009
You will need to establish some type of credit and a score. I have a great loan officer I can refer you to that will take the time to help you and counsel you with this and get you ready so that you can take advantage of the first time home buyer's tax credit. Just email me your contact info through my web site listed below and we can get started. I am very familiar with the Chesterfield area and look forward to helping you.
Web Reference:  http://www.TerryWillis.net
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Chesterfield Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more