I have an offer on my home. and have a contract to buy another place. My realtor was very excited to list

Asked by Super Max, Henderson, NV Tue Jun 23, 2009

our house but now that we have an offer I feel like I am doing the work. Does the home owner typically do things like order and schedule land survey's and termite inspections? Is that something I am paying my realtor nearly $20,000 to do?

Answers

6
Brenda Caruso, Agent, Henderson, NV
Tue Jun 23, 2009
Your Realtor is being paid to market your property, obtain a qualified buyer, see the sale through to the close of escrow date and everything in between. I've gone as far as to purchase boxes for my seller, help them pack, and bring the pizza! Shame on your agent.

Your Realtor should order the inspections, but you may have to be home to let them in and that's it. But, if you can't be home your agent should be there. Yes, that's what they're paid to do.

Brenda Caruso, ABR, CRS, Realtor
Universal Realty
http://www.BrendaCaruso.com
David Grant, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 23, 2009
Good replies below. The buyer's agent should be scheduling all inspections not the seller or seller's agent unless you areed to it in the contract which is not customary .
Windy Humphr…, , Henderson, NV
Tue Jun 23, 2009
JOHN IS CORRECT. THIS IS THE BUYER'S AGENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO SET ALL THIS UP FOR THEIR BUYER.
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 23, 2009
If you are speaking about inspections on the sale of your current home, no, the buyer's agent usually coordinates those things along with the listing agent's help as needed.
Cree Quaker, Agent, Woodstock, NY
Tue Jun 23, 2009
As a Realtor, I handle all of the scheudling and give my client options from which to choose. I would just ask him/her to handle it.

Cheers!
Cree
Susan Wesely, , Saint Paul, MN
Tue Jun 23, 2009
Yes - you should be doing these things - you are selling your house. Your Realtor did the marketing which resulted in your offer, and found a new home for you. However, your Realtor should have a list of recommended providers, so you don't have to do all the background research, and may help you coordinate the events.