I have about 52,000 in cash to buy a nice livable 3 bedroom house that has a nice size yard but all i see are houses that are 65,000 / 75,000 and

Asked by Heart4730@aol.com, Sat Jun 1, 2013

I don't have enough so do you think if i offer 52,000 in cash for a house that wants 65,000 does anyone ever get that lucky for a seller to except what i have because i can't get a loan because i have a bad credit score of 480 from my ex - so i am trying to buy a house for me and my children asap but there is not much out there.

Answers

8
Eric Feifer, Agent, Clarks Summit, PA
Tue Jun 11, 2013
It's possible to get a house for $52k, but there will also be closing costs that need to be paid. You will probably need to find a place in the $48k range to have enough to cover all costs. Where in the Northeast are you looking. I might be able to help you out.
Alexis Jeffr…, Agent, Jenkintown, PA
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Hi Heart4730@aol.com,

It's awesome that you have Cash for a purchase.

I cab research some possible homes for you. If a Seller has the equity, your Cash deal may be perfect!

Also, the length of time a home has been on the market can work to your benefit!

Please contact me on the areas you may want to live in!

I believe anything is possible!

I'm licensed in PA! & I will be licensed in NJ by the winter 2013.

FONDLY,
Alexis Jeffries
Liberty Bell Real Estate
Of Jenkintown
Office Phone: 215-885-3332
Direct Phone: 215-237-4147
Email: alexisjrealestate@gmail.con
Christina Fe…, Agent, Drexel Hill, PA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Hi there,

As some people have noted already, cash is very attractive in an offer.

A seller may or may not be willing to reduce their price. It all depends on their current situation.

Also, please keep in mind that you have to save some money for closing costs. If you have $52,000 in cash, that does not mean you should offer $52,000 and leave yourself with nothing for closing.

Give me a call when you have some time and I would be more than happy to discuss some options.

--
Christina Ferriello
Century 21 Alliance
3012 Township Line Road
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
610) 449-6006 (Main Office)
(610) 449-0645 (Fax)
(914) 469-7672 (Cell)
christinaf@century21.com
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
https://www.facebook.com/cferriellorealtor
https://twitter.com/XtinaRealEstate
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
It depends how many days a seller has been on the market and what is the market value in that area. Especially now since we are slowly coming out of the real estate crash, a lot of sellers will not have enough equity to even go at a lower price. You must also take into consideration closing costs to get to the settlement table.
David Siegel, Agent, Boston, PA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
you get what you pay for
$65-$72k houses are better than $50,000 houses. that's why they cost more
its a market consisting of buyers and sellers
you are looking for an uneducated seller. good luck with that
Peter McNich…, , Philadelphia, PA
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Work backwards, have a realtor find SOLD houses that sold for the amount you have to spend. If the area is worth 50k but owners are asking 70k you have a chance. If you are looking in an area where the lowest houses sold are 10-20k over your top price, if you do get it at a discount it will need much in repair.
Belinda John…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Please give me a call, I have a house in mind. Cash speaks volumes in a transaction.

Belinda Johnson
267-973-4302
Keller Wiliams Real Estate
Mike Rosania, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sat Jun 1, 2013
It really depends. Feel free to contact me and I can try to get you in the right direction.