I have a 5 year old judgement against me but good credit overall, can I still purchase a home?

Asked by Frank Selvera, Austin, TX Fri May 18, 2012

Answers

13
Michael John…, Home Buyer, Charleston, SC
Wed Oct 4, 2017
Depends on what your mortgage person says. Mine needed it settled, since they could still see it even if it was removed from credit report. I used select us llc and they were able to settle $17k judgement for 5000 from since they negotiated it for me. They offered me 10k but those guys got it down to 5000.
gipsgibber, Home Buyer, Austin, TX
Tue Feb 25, 2014
I have a judgement against me that is over 5 years old. The " docket number " or judgement against me is on my credit report with a specific total attached to it. I called the apartments to find out if they would give me a release if I paid that amount and they informed me that I had to pay them almost 5 time the amount shown on my Judgement. If I pay the Judgement amount am I clear?
Lisa Venable, Agent, LUMBERTON, TX
Fri May 18, 2012
Hi Frank,

Each case is different, I am going to furnish you my lenders contact information, Jaime Goss, will look over everything and help you through the entire process. Jaime is great and has always gone above and beyond with her clients to help them get the very best rates possible explaining every step of the way. She is a pleasure to work with and is available to answer any questions you may have. I wish you the best of luck in finding your new home. I am available to answer questions you may and I would love to help you search for your new home.

Lisa Ellerbee
Team Price Real Estate
Austin TX
512.653.8256
Lisa@TeamPrice.com
http://www.teamprice,com Please try out our website for your home search.

Jaime Goss
Cherry Creek Mortgage
512-904-7500
, ,
Fri May 18, 2012
In my shop we require all judgments be paid off prior to closing.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Steve Quinta…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri May 18, 2012
1. You can seek owner financing and the judgment probably won't come up in the discussion.

2. If the judgment if for money and in domesticated in the state where you want to buy the lender will likely want it paid. If it is a non-money judgment the lender may not care.
s, Renter, Austin, TX
Fri May 18, 2012
Hi Frank,

It will depend on the judgement and the type of loan you are looking at. I have a wonderful lender that I can refer you to.

Call or email me anytime.

Sarabeth Peterson
Goldwasser Real Estate
512-589-6577
speterson@gretx.com
Best Agents…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri May 18, 2012
Connect with a good, reputable, lender. It depends on the judgement.
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri May 18, 2012
Frank, if you would like, give me a call and I will connect you with a great lender that you can ask specific questions to that will give you specific answers. Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty 512-261-4415
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Fri May 18, 2012
Lenders would require your clear the judgement prior to approving the loan

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
, ,
Fri May 18, 2012
Hi Frank,

Judgments generally must be paid prior to closing. In some cases an underwriter can make an exception if you've entered into a repayment agreement with the creditor and you can document making on time payments for 6 to 12 months.
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Fri May 18, 2012
John Staplet…, Agent, Cedar Park, TX
Fri May 18, 2012
May I recommend Michael Everist at Everist Mortgage? http://www.everistmortgage.com

Very trustworthy and experienced lender! The right guy to answer your question in a much more private setting.

Best of luck,

John
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri May 18, 2012
My thought is you will have to pay off the judgement first.

You'll want to check directly with your lender first.
Prequalification is normally free, so just talk with a loan officer.