I have a small 1,000 square foot, 3 bedroom 2 bath garden home in Leander, Texas. What can I expect to sell it for in today's market? - John

Asked by John Strong, Leander, TX Sun Jan 9, 2011

Strong Address = 843 Mica Ln., tiny yard, deck and a couple of trees

Answers

2
Le Green Schubert’s answer
Le Green Sch…, Agent, Anderson Mill, TX
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Around $100 is a starting place. I've seen current Leander homes sales vary from $63 to $119 a square foot.
Like many agents, I would be happy to meet with you, view your home, and do the research to make a well considered Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) at no cost to you.
Since Texas is a no-disclosure state, only licensed real estate agents and brokers have access to the information on sales price to arrive at a well informed analysis.
An analysis that goes by the asking prices only tells you what the current competition is, not what the selling market prices in your area are.
I specialize in Leander, so have some insights into the specific neighborhood markets.
Scott Butcher, , Austin, TX
Sun Jan 9, 2011
Granted I'm not a Realtor but have been in the Real Estate business for over 15 years, and in looking online at comparable sales in the neighborhood I would venture a GUESS that your around $100/psf as a baseline price (roughly $100,000). From there it depends on how the quality of your home compares to the other homes that have recently sold or are currently listed for sale.

Are you thinking of moving and buying a new place?

Scott Butcher
Mortgage Banker
Maker Capital Group
512-796-7738
scott@makercapitalaustin.com