I have a small dog 12 pounds I need formedical disabilities Is she allowed if I purchase a condo at sunrise lakes

Asked by Penny Hays, Sunrise, FL Fri Mar 16, 2012

I have a small dog 12 pounds I need for medical disabilities is she allowed I would like to purchace a property at sunrise lakes

Answers

2
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Sun Mar 25, 2012
Hello Petty,

Sunrise Lakes does not allow dogs.
If possible, drive by the management and ask them if they will allow for an exception, due to your disability necessities. This complex is great, very active and a happy place to live.

If this is not an option, there are other properties in the area that are more pet friendly and/or wll allow for your therapeutic dog accomodation. Have your realtor look into it for you.

Best of luck in your search,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
305-904-2355
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Fri Mar 16, 2012
You're should document her as a service dog. If she is a service dog, you should be allowed to have her in the condo. (See reference for more information). That said, I would urge you to consider pet-friendly properties. Why? Because the management will likely be more accomodating, and you're more likely to form social bonds with your neighbors.