I have a real estate license of Florida, my friend wants to buy an apartment in New Jersey, we are going to see the units available.

Asked by Marlenneocampo, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed Jan 18, 2012

How the commission works?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jose Martinez, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Sat Aug 17, 2013
You can get referral fee if your company has offices in NJ, and another agent takes the deal.

Ask your broker, and see what you can work out.

Jose Martinez
0 votes
Adrienne Pet…, Agent, Closter, NJ
Sun Jan 22, 2012

If you are a Florida Real Estate Agent, the listing agent for a Cliffside Park NJ property is not obligated to pay you a commission because you are not part of the NewJerseyMLS. I believe that you can ask for a referral fee that could be the equivalent of the commission fee if you and the listing agent agree. To be sure, why not call the local MLS. Their number is:201-387-1150
Web Reference:  http://apetrook.remax-nj.com
0 votes
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Marlenne, you really someone knowledgeable about NJ law to comment here, because a New Jersey agent who accompanied a client to viewings in Florida would violate our Florida laws. The referral would be legal in Florida only IF the agent didn't accompany the client to viewings or otherwise provide advice to the client while physically in the State. (At least, that's what my memory is from the FL real estate exam).
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jan 18, 2012
If you have a real estate license, you should be aware that all commissions are negotiable--as a buyer you pay no commission, unless you have an agreement with your agent to pay over what the seller is already offering.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Cliffside Park Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more