I have a property that has been on short sale more than a year in FL. The house is empty I received many

Asked by Carmen, Sanford, FL Wed Aug 6, 2008

offers but the bank will not take them. I no longer lives in FL I moved to GA. What are my chances of purchasing another home again?

Answers

2
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Thu Aug 7, 2008
talk to neighborworks - it is a non-profit that helps people negotiate with their bank. i expect they will tell you since you've moved elsewhere, none of the protections put in place by the govt are for you - therefore you will have to figure out how to pay off your debt, rent and keep the home or let it go to foreclosure.
Sharon Wager, , Syracuse, NY
Wed Aug 6, 2008
Well I think that depends on how soon you'd like to purchase another home, and how you're planning on financing it. If you're planning on an FHA or conventional mortgage, you're going to have to repair your credit first - which could take some time. You could try looking into having a seller hold a mortgage for you, rent to own, or pay in cash instead of financing. First and foremost though, see what you can do about getting your current home sold.