I have a pre-approved VA loan and need a realtor with lots of VA loan experience.

Asked by coronadoji, Venice, CA Thu Jan 10, 2013

Ladera Heights, Palms/Mar Vista, Westchester, Culver City, Hawthorne, Gardena.

Answers

17
Douglas Lagos’ answer
Douglas Lagos, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Hi Coronado,

I'm a realtor, an Air Force vet, and am familiar with VA Loans. I also specialize in the Westside. Check my website for info on the Westside, and more about me.

Always check with several realtors to get familiar in how they work, their expertise, and if you feel comfortable working with them.

Douglas Lagos
Realtor®, Certified HAFA Specialist (CHS)
DRE# 01921046
Coldwell Banker Residential
Tel. (310) 463-8088 http://www.douglaslagos.com
delaney.josue, Home Buyer, Roslyn, NY
Tue May 5, 2015
> VA Loans and Estate Agent/Broker Fees

Are you a house-hunting self starter? Do you enjoy going neighborhood to neighborhood looking for "for sale"signs? Some people enjoy this process, others don't. Some prefer to look in person, others begin searching online. And still others like to get the help of a local real estate agent.

Whether you went searching for an agent or came in contact with one at an open house or similar venue, agents and brokers can be helpful for some people looking for that perfect neighborhood. Those who want to buy a home with a VA mortgage are free to take advantage of these or similar services.

But does a VA borrower have to pay an estate agent fee or a broker fee in connection with a home purchased with a VA mortgage?

The VA Lender's Handbook has guidelines for broker and agent fees. These guidelines are found in Chapter Eight, Section Three, which says, "Fees or commissions charged by a real estate agent or broker in connection with a VA loan may not be charged to or paid by the veteran-purchaser."

The VA does NOT discourage or forbids a VA borrower from using such services, but the VA rulebook is clear on fees charged to the borrower in connection with those services. In addition to the rules mentioned above, VA guidelines also state
Reference Link: http://vastreamlinemortgage.net/
Soniajanki, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Fri May 15, 2015
A key benefit of military service, Veterans Affaris (VA) home loans offer no-down-payment financing, no private mortgage insurance (PMI), and flexible credit criteria.

But while VA loans typically employ less-rigorous credit standards, make no mistake: Each applicant is still subject to a thorough evaluation. That process is known as pre-approval, and helps lenders assess a potential military buyer’s eligibility for the VA home loan program.

Pre-qualification vs. Pre-approval
At the outset, it’s important to know that pre-qualification does not equal pre-approval. Pre-qualification can typically be completed over the phone with a lender, and gives potential borrowers a basic idea of their eligibility and purchase power.

Pre-approval, on the other hand, is a much deeper examination of a borrower’s financial profile. To gain pre-approval, a potential borrower must submit several pieces of documentation, which may include: http://valoanguidelines.org/
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Fri May 24, 2013
Thank you for your service!!!!
Congrats on your VA approval.

The main thing is to make sure your loan rep is familiar with VA loans. The role of the Realtor is the same pretty much no matter what type of loan you are using.

Happy House Hunting!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
I have a list of condos that are VA approved in the state of CA.
Flag Wed Jul 8, 2015
I agree that having a VA lender with experience is a must but don't agree that it doesn't matter with the realtor. Having a realtor with VA experience is also a very good idea. We had a realtor with little VA experience and he wasted a lot of our time showing us properties that would not make it through a VA approval(appraisal). For instance, he spent two weeks showing us condos in a complex we really liked in Orange before I had to uncover myself that the complex is not VA approved(the owner occupied ratios did not meet the criteria required by VA). There are also a lot of "move in ready" requirements the VA likes to see in a SFR. A realtor that has "been there and done that" with VA loans is a time and money saver.
Flag Thu Jan 2, 2014
Daniel Casti…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Jan 12, 2016

I would be happy to work you. Please feel free to contact me anytime
if you have questions.
Andrew Liebe…, Agent, Tamarac, FL
Wed Jun 10, 2015
100% Financing!!!! BELOW IS THE BENEFITS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR VA LOANS!!!

VA Mortgage Loans are available today for both honorably discharged Vets and active duty military personnel. Here are some of the great features of this fantastic program:

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?

- Up to 100% financing, with no down required.

- No monthly mortgage insurance added to your payment.

- More lenient credit qualifying standards than other types of mortgage loans.

- Low rates compared to other loan programs.

WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE APPROVED?

-Order your Certificate of Eligibility. A Florida VA loan lender can order your COE quickly for you, or you can go directly to the VA to obtain a copy. If discharged, you will need your DD214. The next step is to get pre-approved with an experienced VA lender.

-2 years tax returns

-Last 2 paycheck stubs

-Last two bank account statements

-600+ credit score (typically 640 is what most lenders look for)

-Same line of work for the past two years

-Money for closing costs

Please contact me and I will put you in touch with the best VA lender!!!
Andrew 954-394-7185 (prefer text first)
AndrewLtherealtor@gmail.com
Mitch Lichte…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Santa Ana, CA
Tue May 19, 2015
I'm in West LA and do a lot of VA loans. I'm also a broker and have access to properties that are VA approved.
Melchor, REA…, Agent, Orange, CA
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Hello coronadoji,

First and foremost, thank you for your service and for posting your question here at trulia. Just as Kawain Payne noted, it doesn't matter what type of loan you are using. It doesn't make a difference. Our responsibility is to help you find what you qualify for. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to call, email, or text. I am here to help you.
Bryan Horn, , 92101
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Consider Wells Fargo for a VA loan as the don't charge any processing or underwriting fees!
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Fri May 24, 2013
Thank you for your service!!!!
Congrats on your VA approval.

Happy House Hunting!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
Neal Grusky, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Jan 12, 2013
I have alot of experience in these areas as well as myself living in there. Know these loans really well.
give me a call !
Call now

"NEAL KNOWS LOS ANGELES AREA REAL ESTATE"

Neal Grusky
DRE# 01890580
Hpremiere Properties
Real Estate and Financing
10940 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1600,
LA, CA 90024 | Office:
(800) 394-1533
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Fri Jan 11, 2013
If you want an agent that has done a lot of VA loan deals, you may want to ask your loan rep to refer you to realtors he/she has closed VA loans with.

Best of Success to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Simon Darvish, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013

I'll be very happy to assist you in your purchase. I have 26 year of experience in Real Estate Sales and Finance with full understanding of the process of VA and other government related loans and transactions.

Please contact me at 310-466-9595,

Simon Darvish
Audrey Max Group
simondarvish@gmail.com
Direct 310-466-9595
Sang and Son…, Agent, Los Angeles CA 90069, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013
We are not veterans but we worked with a client getting a VA loan. As well as a good agent, you need a great loan agent and a very cooperative seller and listing agent.

http://www.sangandsonya.com
sangandsonya@gmail.com
Ron Escobar -…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013
I am a USMC veteran and my assistant is a USMC Veteran we both have helped veterans buy houses with VA Loans and have bought them with VA ourselves. We are very qualified...

additionally try sending all of us an email or giving us a phone call an see who is available and responds to your call right away... check out our websittes... do due diligence and then decide who to work with... being available to answer and to work on the deals is a great deal maker or breaker...
also experience and education and reviews from other clients...

Best of luck and thank you for serving our great USA!

Ron
Richard "RJ"…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013
I am a veteran myself and have assisted many buyers buy a property with their VA Loan. I would be happy to assist you.
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013
I can help you with your purchase!

____________________ 
Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
_______________________________ 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com  http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869