Greg Mischel, Home Buyer in Farmington, MN

I have a newer home in Two Harbors, MN. My wife and I would like a one-level, newer home in either a northeastern or south eastern suburb Mpls/StPau

Asked by Greg Mischel, Farmington, MN Tue Sep 21, 2010

Could you also sell my home in Two Harbors?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gail Strom, Agent, Apple Valley, MN
Mon Jan 27, 2014

If you're still in the market for a rambler style home I have a few models that you can visit, a couple of them are currently for sale. They are all over the South metro including Lakeville and Farmington. Feel free to check out my website for some information on them.
Gail Strom
0 votes
Kevin Goettl, Agent, Apple Valley, MN
Wed Jan 2, 2013
I'm just checking in to see how your plan is working out? I've been successfully helping buyers and sellers for over twenty years. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Happy New Year, Kevin
0 votes
Bill Wallace, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Hi Greg,

Well plenty of other agents have already responded but my opinion is that you should try to look for someone that specializes in each part of the Twin Cities.

Yes, there are plenty of Realtors that will say they can show you houses anywhere. That said, you would benefit by having an agent that really knows not only the cities but the neighborhoods. And you definitely would beneift by finding a Realtor that knows the pricing specific to a certain area. It's a buyers market and at the same time there are tons of over priced homes on the market. While many agents won't like the idea - there's actually nothing wrong with working with 1 Realtor that knows the northeast suburbs and another that knows the southeast.

Other things to look for:

- Someone with multiple references
- A full-time Realtor
- Somone you will like working with

I work, live and specialize on Dakota County (southeast) where I work at RE/MAX for one of the Top 10 teams in Minnesota.

Good luck,

Bill Wallace,, 651-338-0355
0 votes
Brad Anderson, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Tue Sep 21, 2010
Greg, you should contact an agent up there to help sell your home. As far as finding a one level home in the Eastern suburbs, that should not be a problem. You can look at the available homes on my site at
0 votes
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Tue Sep 21, 2010

You will have plenty of offers of agents to "refer" you to someone in Two Harbors. Most will just call a couple of agents up there and see who will agree to pay their referral fee. Not a bad deal, but be aware that they will be compensated for their efforts. A better approach might be to look around Two Harbors and find an agent that seems to know the area and do a fair amount of business there. You might look for an agent that is willing to colist the property with an agent in the twin cities so it has exposure in both the duluth and twin cities MLS's. If you aren't able to get a great handle on local agents from looking around at yard signs, etc.

Another approach might be to ask around - who do your neighbors, family, friends, co-workers recommend. Sometimes more importantly who do they not recommend, and why? No matter what you do choose a couple of agents to interview and choose the one whom you feel most comfortable with. Remember that age, years in the business, and brokerage size alone don't make you successful, what makes a successful agent is their results and their ability to keep their clients at ease throughout the difficult transaction ahead. Good Luck!!

I pesonally was born and raised in the NE suburbs of St Paul and have worked here my entire career. I service the whole East side of the suburbs, as well as the north and south sides. Please let me know if you would like some assistance in finding a home.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:
0 votes
Jennifer Kir…, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Tue Sep 21, 2010
Hi Mr. Mischel,

To simply answer your question, yes, an agent licensed any where in Minnesota/ located in the Twin Cities could sell your home in Two Harbors. The question would just be if you want an agent outside your area to do so. I have sold homes easily outside the Twins Cities area, but it takes an agent willing to do so to make a successful transaction, and to put time into an out of town listing. Your best bet would be to interview any agent you are interested to get an idea if they are up to the job.

As for the South Metro, I work with a couple of builders that offer Ramblers (one level living), and there are a few newer ramblers (preowned) on the market, it just depends on what price range you are looking to purchase/build a new home. I live in Farmington, and know all the developments well, but also work in the Northeast suburbs. If you have any questions about single level living, I would be more than happy to provide you with additional information and what is currently available. It also sounds like you would need to sell in order to buy, correct? If that is the case, I can have you speak with a professional lender to see what your best financial strategy should be in the sale of your current home and purchase of a new one. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!


Jennifer Kirby- Broker
0 votes
Adam Nemec, , Farmington, MN
Tue Sep 21, 2010
What type of one level looking for, single family home, Townhouse, we got alot of different choices right now on the market down in the south Metro Area.???
Adam Nemec KW realty
0 votes
Adam Nemec, , Farmington, MN
Tue Sep 21, 2010
Hi I am Adam Nemec
Agent with Keller Williams Preferred Realty out of Lakeville South and south eastern suburb of the cities, Yes, I could help you in the south eastern suburb of twin cities, I have a listing currently in farmington MN, also could show you around to what ever you would like to SEE. I could refer an agent to you in two harbors, also do you need to sell before you buy here??
please respond
Thanks Adam Nemec
Hope to here from you!!!
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Farmington Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more