I have a 50lb dog and a 14lb dog where should I look to buy an apt in Broward county. My big dog is a hound.

Asked by Pamela, 33020 Sat Feb 28, 2009

I work in Boca and go to school at FAU North campus. I prefer something close to a park.

Answers

2
Carla & Marc…, Agent, Cooper City, FL
Thu Mar 5, 2009
Hi Pamela,

It might be somewhat difficult to find a condominium association that allows 2 dogs per unit, one of them being a 50lb. If they do accept 2 pets, usually there is a restriction to the weight of them - more likely 25-30lbs each. Would you like me to check the possibilies for you? I could give you the name of complexes that accept them. You could then drive by the areas and let me know if you like them. If so, please specify the areas - you mentioned south Palm Beach - size and price range and I will be glad to check it for you.

I can always check townhouses and villas - some homeowner's associations are a little more flexible on their rules as to number and size of pets.

Carla Rocha
954-895-7341
rochateam.realestate@gmail.com
Dianne Matti…, , Lighthouse Point, FL
Sat Feb 28, 2009
That will be a tough call for a condo! Most do not allow multiple animals---these rules and regs are enacted to protect other owners from noise issues. Also, larger dogs have larger waste so these is usually not a place on the property, not to mention those owners that do not pick up. With the market declining, a good choice would be a townhome or single family home as they are more lenient with pet policies. Good Luck

Dianne Mattiace, Balistreri Realty 954-691-1880