I have a home to sell in GA & plan on purchasing a home in Heathrow, 32746. Are contingencies accepted in?

Asked by Whylene, Sun Aug 3, 2008

this zip?

Answers

1
Kathy Philli…, , Lake Mary, FL
Sun Aug 3, 2008
Hi Whylene: There are different types of contingencies. Is your home in GA under contract with a buyer or are you still waiting for a buyer? If your home was under contract, a seller would certainly look more favorable to that type of contingency. The problem with having a contingency without your home under contract is that the seller in Heathrow wouldn't want to take his house off the market hoping you'd get yours sold. There are clauses such as a "72 hour right of first refusal", meaning that the seller would take your contingency offer, but continue to actively market their home and accept other offers. If the seller does receive another offer, they would give you 72 hours to remove the contingency. If you aren't able to remove the contingency within that time frame, then your offer is null and void and the seller is able to accept the second offer. In this market sellers may consider taking contingency offers, but they won't take their house off the market. I would agressively price your home in GA so that you will be in a better negotiating position with a purchase here. If I can be of help to you, please let me know. I live in the Lake Mary/Heathrow area and would be happy to help.
Web Reference:  http://SellingLakeMary.com