Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Mysheltie_do…, Home Buyer in

I have a 620 credit score, 2 year old bankruptcy, 2 years job history, and no down payment. Could I still qualify I am a single mother of 2.?

Asked by Mysheltie_dog%40yahoo.com, Sat Dec 28, 2013

You need to have lender run your credit and collect your financial documents. From there they can analyze your entire scenario and tell you what your options are. It is not just the BK you need to be concerned with. What was included in the BK? Do you have any short sales or foreclosures included? what type of BK was it? Chapter 7? 11? 13?

If you have a lender contact them and ask them to get your preapproved. If you need a good referral to a reputable lender please email me and I will put you in contact with 2 that we work with often.

I look forward to hearing from you and helping you find the perfect home.

Robert Adams
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
Please don't buy right now with out putting a good down payment of at least 10% and a stronger credit score. Get a cheap place to rent or with family, save your money and get score up to 680+, then buy. Have 6 months of savings for emergency. Please keep my email and let me know when you're ready to buy and we'll get you all set up. If you need help finding a rental I can help with that as well. Thanks, Matt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
I am from the mortgage side. Just wanted to offer this incase you have not been able to get this done yet. We do loans down to a 580 score and one year out of bankruptcy. We also offer an internal down payment assistance program as well. With it you only put .5% down, so if you buya house for 200k the down payment is 1k.
We offer low rates ont his program and do not gauge you like many programs do because of your situation. I have 20 years experience and our company has been in business since 1974.
If i could ever be of any help pleases contact me or check out my site http://www.reloandr.com
Michael R Diaz 380048
First Mortgage Corporation
I see that this is a slightly old post, but I would like to offer that right now the best thing to do would be to have a free consultation, to let you know whether or not it is the right time for you to buy. I always look to advise people, and give them a full understanding of their financial situation so that we can have a financial relationship for years to come. Just throwing you into a loan, or "squeaking by" guidelines just to get you in might not be the best thing. If you would like a free consultation, I am more than happy to assist you in setting up a game plan for your path to home ownership or future home ownership. I look forward to hearing from you.

Check me out on the National Real Estate Post and get your clients an approval today!

Thank you for choosing City First Mortgage Services,

Nathan T. Kessler | Sr. Mortgage Loan Originator

City First Mortgage Services
8871 W Flamingo Rd Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(C) 702.683.3126 | (F) 702.974.0848 | (O) 702-522-6743
nathan.kessler@city1st.com http://www.city1stlasvegas.com
Company NMLS # 3117 | Branch NMLS # 819501
Individual NMLS # 377217 NV #46175
Give me a call I maybe able to help.

I am a local Mortgage Broker here in Las Vegas...

620 is a good start for a credit score (I'm assuming it's the middle score).

Regarding the BK, is it a Chapter 7 or 13? Was there a property included in the BK?

If you still need assistance, please reply to me directly so we can further discuss your scenario and guide you to the right direction.

Eugene Prospero
Mortgage Advisor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
I can show you how to get that credit score up past 640 in less than 60 days. You need to get a secured credit card from a Nevada Credit Union that reports to the Credit Agencies. There are other things you can do 2014 the year you can buy a house

David Cooper
Helping Buyers Find Killer Deals Since 1994
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org or CALL 1.888.616.6226
None of us knows if you would qualify right now. We are not mortgage people. But, here is a thought that might help you. You can try to qualify for downpayment assistance. Visit NACA on Rainbow Road and speak with a counselor. Their phone number is 702-362-6199. Ask to speak with Edward. He will help you when most people will not. I am a NACA certified REALTOR. If NACA qualifies you, then it would be my pleasure to help you.
It's hard to say with confidence with just the info you've given here. There are a lot of options out there, which we can certainly go over what will work for you, or what steps we can take to get you there. Please feel free to contact me and we can look at what options we have.

Jeff Shumway

Mortgages for America
(702) 403-1337
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
It seems that you are very close to where you need to be.I have a lender that works with buyers like yourself needs help with down payment. There are several down payment assistance programs to choose from if you would like more information please call me at 702-400-1443
Warren Chaney
Hi, I know of a Lender that may be able to help you if you have 5K to put towards a 100K townhome or condo. If you will give me a call or send me an email, I can give you his contact info or if you prefer, I can give him yours and have him call you.

Laura Bauer
Foundation Realty, LLC

You will need a 640 score I am pretty sure. A good mortgage lender can help you find out what you need and what down payment would be required. FHA is probably the path you will want to look at. Sometimes lenders can work with you to get you rescored and help you get qualified. It is always best to get the advice of a qualified loan officer to help you get started on a path to homeownership.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
What if I have like 5k? I'm looking at small town homes for like 100k.
You really need to get with a good mortgage lender to find out if you can qualify. The closest thing to a no money down loan is the new FHA program, but you do need to have a 640 credit score to qualify.
You can read more about that program here:

Your other option is to save up a 3.5% down payment and see if you can qualify under the FHA Back to Work program:

Either way, it sounds like you are close! I would recommend getting in touch with All Western Mortgage and letting a professional mortgage counselor figure out your best options. You can call them at: 866.699.4467

Hope this helps!

Diann Tonnesen
Prudential Americana Group Realtors

The Tonnesen Team - with over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
If you do not have any down payment, it is hard to get 100% loan.