I have a credit score of 616. Are there any programs that can help me buy a home?

Asked by Kel_murray@yahoo.com, Park Forest, IL Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

3
Annette Levinson’s answer
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Thu May 10, 2012
You need to get your score higher for a mortgage. Go to your local non profit housing group. Meet with a credit counselor. They will go over your credit report with you and tell you what you need to do. When your score is 640+ you can buy.
Shannon Will…, Agent, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Thu May 10, 2012
Hi! Please check out http://www.ihda.org
They have a pilot building blocks program for people with scores between 600-619. I work with a loan person at Harris bank who specializes in this program. It's a wonderful program and offers down payment assistance. However, it is limited to six communities including park forest. Please call me at 708-925-4547 if you would like to hear more about it. Shannon Williams
Keller Williams preferred.
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu May 10, 2012
Your best approach is to connect with an experienced area mortgage broker or lender. If you need any recommendations, just contact any one of us.... The lenders will be able to explore all possibilities for you that are currently available to the buying public.
Feel free to e-mail me anytime for recommendations
Edith YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients! Buyers and Sellers and relocating buyers alike....
Your Chicago / Northern Illinois and North Shore Connection providing all clients with the very BEST
services, detail oriented, pleasant to work with, and honest when pricing a home for sale, or showing you a home to buy, once you make an offer Edith will provide you with the best Comps to make a
reasonable and competitive offer
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere