I have a contract to build a home, and now I want out. I don't mind losing my earnest money. Can I simply?

Asked by Brian, Birmingham, AL Sat Feb 14, 2009

back out and forfeit this money?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Most contracts allow for parties effected by breech of contract to recover damages. So as mentioned previously, it may not be as simple as surrendering your deposit.

Our recommendation is to have an attorney review your contract and provide you with solid legal advice.

Good luck
0 votes
Brad Clement, Agent, Birmingham, AL
Sat Feb 14, 2009

I would recommend you consult with a real estate attorney. I have a number that I can recommend. You can contact me at 410-3735 and I'll be glad to help.

0 votes
Paul D. Dzie…, , Birmingham, AL
Sat Feb 14, 2009
It may not be that easy. Have your agent review your contract prior to doing anything ~ Good Luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.pauld-kw.com
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Feb 14, 2009
All contracts are governed by executed terms and conditions of performance of buyer and seller. You need to review your contract if you can have amendment release you from contract without any furhter obligations.

Speak with your buyers agent OR an attorney assist you.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more