I have a canal front lot on Azelia in edgewater park and am going to retire wirhin the year.Is it more cost?

Asked by Randy Roth, Canton, OH Wed Feb 18, 2009

effective to build or buy now and sell the lot later.

Answers

2
Anne Crate, Agent, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
I am a realtor in Edgewater, FL. If you own a lot on the water you know it would be a beautiful location for a home in this community but sometimes impact fees can get expensive. I know several reputable builders in the
area who can give you estimates. Also there are some great deals out there to buy if you decide not to build and sell lot later. Email me and we will discuss your options. Thanks, Anne ( anne.crate@yahoo.com)
Darla Schroe…, Agent, Madeira Beach, FL
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Hi Randy. This is a buyer's market and there are plenty of bargain re-sale homes available that can be financed with very low interest rates. Your local Real Estate Agent can advise you about current market values in your area. New home construction starts are down at this time which could provide an opportunity to find a reputable builder at a discounted price. If you own your lot free and clear this might be the least expensive option for you. After gathering information from a local Real Estate Agent and builders, your question can best be answered by consulting an accountant who is expert in retirement and estate planning. Congratulations on your near retirement!!

Darla Schroeder, Realtor, GRI
Century 21 Real Estate Champions
4350 Duhme Rd
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Direct: (727) 541-3743
darla.schroeder@century21.com