Your question is tagged to "Home Buying in Manchester" which is on the coast, so here are a few options along the South-Coast (Gualala - Manchester) that may accomodate a large family:
1. 94 Acre compound, 2 dwellings and a garage with attached apartment, ocean view, asking $2,200,000 (Point Arena)
2. 10+/- acre compound, main house is functionally a 4 bedroom home, detached guest house, plus a tucked-away mobile, ocean view, asking $699,000 (Point Arena)
3. 4 bedroom restored Victorian in downtown Point Arena, asking $449,000 (Point Arena)
4. Family compound on 160 acres near downtown Gualala. 4 detached houses, recently built 7-stall horse barn, ocean view, privacy, lots of parking, hay barn, horse arena, two wells, outbuildings, 40 year timber harvest plan for ongoing income, asking $1,995,000 (Gualala)
5. Newly gutted and remodeled oceanfront home, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, stunning ocean view, asking $1,589,000 (Gualala)
6. Immaculate vintage beach house with 3 bedrooms, ocean view, walking distance to beach, restaurants, grocery, etc. Comes with adjacent, legal lot for future 2nd home, asking $499,000 for home only & $525,000 for home with 2nd lot (Gualala)
7. Commercial / Mixed-Use building with 3 units and plenty of parking near downtown Gualala, asking $375,000 (Gualala)
If any of these properties grab your interest, please let me know and I will furnish you with more info.
Gualala Real Estate Co.
707-884-9920 / Sean@GualalaProperties.com