I have a buyer's agent and I want to end my contract with him. How should I go about doing that?

Asked by Trista, Bedford, TX Wed Feb 11, 2009

Answers

2
Richard Capl…, Agent, Portland, OR
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Any time a client and agent need to part ways the best way is to be strait forward and honest. Read the contract first and understand what if any penalties are in the contract for early termination. Do not be afraid to explain to the agent why you want to end early without a tremination fee. Speaking to the agent in person is best and outline your concerns and way you want out. If you are unable to negoiate a satisfactory termination the next step is the supervising Broker.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Feb 11, 2009
GREAT QUESTION: buyers agent contract governs terms and conditions of both parties. However most broker will allow cancel contract by buyer. You need to speak direct with your agent have amendment to your contract executed by broker.

Sorry read you may have problems with your agent . If we can offer any further assistance

CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY
972-699-9111
Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor -
The Michael Group "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer - Homewise Lending
Dallas Real Estate Office: (972) 699-9111
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale