Kathy, Home Buyer in Astoria, Queens, NY

I got pre approved with Bank of America to buy a coop apt. The person who was helping me took 1 month to send me the letter!!!

Asked by Kathy, Astoria, Queens, NY Thu Sep 17, 2009

Can anyone share their experience dealing with Banks and/mortgage brokers?
Thanks!!

Answers

1
Ralph Windschuh’s answer
Kathy: If it takes that long to get information from anyone, go to someone else. As in any industry, there are great mortgage people, good ones and terrible ones. I recently had a situation where I told buyer customers of mine what their closing costs should be. Their mortgage broker said oh no, they are ___ (about $6000 less than I said). The day of closing, guess what? They were almost exactly what I said they were going to be. And, what's worse, is the mortgage person never told the buyers that by taking that much out of their bank account would lower their balance below what was required to close and after sitting at the closing table for several hours had to wait until the next day to finally close. To make matters worse, this happened after the initial closing date had to be changed because the broker didn't know what was going on until after the sellers ordered the moving truck and had to sleep on air mattresses until closing. Luckily, I usually recommend someone else who is always on the money. Good luck in your home search. If you're not working with an agent at the present time, I would be pleased to speak with you or answer any questions you may have.

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009