I found my house ,it is off the market, can I still try and make a offer, we only owed 30,000 ,can they make me pay more ?It was foreclosed and we

Asked by Nan, Hopewell, VA Wed Jan 19, 2011

lived there since 1974.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Wed Jan 19, 2011
Hi Nan

Get yourself a good Real Estate lawyer. He should be able to help you.
Check if you are within your redemption period.

0 votes
Jay Hurst, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Jan 19, 2011
How did you have a foreclosure on a home purchased in 1974? That is well over 30 years ago.

If it is a recent foreclosure, you need to hire a attorney who knows the time limits and has dealt with the lender who has the property. Not knowing all the details of your case, I can only recommend you seek legal help.
You cannot reverse a foreclosure unless you were one of those unlucky owners who may have been handled incorrectly by a lender. The attorney should help with that.
Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://TalleyHurstHomes.com
0 votes
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Wed Jan 19, 2011
Are you asking if you can buy back a home you owned that the lender has now foreclosed on?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Hopewell Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more