I found a house that I really like for a bargain. I made an offer two days ago, and I just found out that

Asked by Gia, Miami, FL Thu Jun 26, 2008

someone else put an offer as well. How can I find out how much they offered to the seller, so as to strategically prepare myself for any counter offers?

Answers

8
Joel Maher, Home Buyer, Miami, FL
Fri Jul 4, 2008
I think the real estate agents here are full of crap! We sold our home in Seattle this year and had two competing offers. We told them what the other person was offering and they kept going back and forth. If somebody gives you advice that you cannot get the competing offer, I believe they have ill intentions and are out to scam you. Just think about it logically...if you were selling a house wouldn't you want to get more out of your two offers by letting them bid against each other.

I would demand the information as it is common practice in other parts of the country.
Jose Enrique…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jul 8, 2008
Hi Gia,
Have a Realtor help you anyway you will not need to pay anything the other party will do.
Contact me if you need something
Rosie Morot-…, , Miami, FL
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Dear Gia,
There is not much you can do about it,exept make the highest possible offer you can make and hope for the best, the listing agent can not tell you how much the other offer is.Good luck
katherine va…, , 33155
Sun Jun 29, 2008
With Foreclosures if the bank has a better offer with better downpayment and price they may not counter offer a price. If you are lucky they might ask you for your highest and best.
Leonard Kagan, Agent, Pinecrest, FL
Sat Jun 28, 2008
Hello Gia, All you can do is be prepared to make your highest and best offer. Hopefully you will get a counter-offer to see where the seller "is". Often with forclosures and bank owned properties (and often traditional sales too) there will be no response at all and then you have the option to re-present your offer. Good Luck!
Fred Mateo, , Miami, FL
Thu Jun 26, 2008
Well, you can always try talking to the seller directly right?....just kidding.

But in today's market terms and conditions have more weight than price. There are also unethical Realtors who will use another Realtor's offer to better their own clients position should they have a buyer on line for the property they have listed, or there may be no other offer and they are trying to up yours to a better price. Anything is possible in Miami. Look ,if the property is meant to be yours, you'll get it, if not, there is plenty of inventory out there, so don't feel bad.
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Thu Jun 26, 2008
Offers made are confidential; for obvious reasons. Sometimes, an unethical agent will share the offered price with others in an attempt to get higher offers, often the shared information is fabricated! There is more to an offer of price alone; terms and others conditions may carry more weight than price alone.
Steve Javier, , Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 26, 2008
I agree with Elvis....you need a Realtor to smooth things out....call me you don't pay me...they do...so, my work to you is pretty much freeeeee......
Larry Steve Javier
Lic. Real Estate Associate
407-657-9468