I found a home next to a cemetery. Do you think it will be tough to get renters?

Asked by MSmith, Brooklyn, NY Mon May 9, 2011

Answers

12
Jeanette Wil…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Wed May 11, 2011
I would say you will be able to get renters. Some people do not mind living near the cementary. Your neighbors are usually very quiet. I live a block away from one and love it. Its very nice and quiet. Not alot of noise or loud parties. But in all seriousness you will find a renter for every apartment that is available. If you want you can always call me and I will see what renters I have available that might be interested.

Have a great day.
michele cado…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri May 13, 2011
My associte Mitchell makes a good point. I would suggest hat t you start at market rate if you can't get that and the location is the problem just offer a discounted price. This is Brooklyn people are always looking to rent something. Btw the NYC Rentguide Line Board will make a final vote regarding proposed rental increases this June 27th, 2011.
The Property…, , Brooklyn, NY
Mon May 9, 2011
Although location is one of the primary attributes when looking for and ultimately choosing a property, if you market the unit properly and put together a package that includes excellent presentation and appropriate pricing, the renters will definitely be interested.

Where is your property located; Brooklyn is my key area and I have a few clients looking for rental units ranging from studios - 3 bedrooms. Feel free to inbox me @ propmatchmaker@gmail.com or give me a call at the number below to discuss the prospects. All my clients go through a criminal background and credit check.

Don't be discouraged.
Monique Antoine
The Property Matchmaker
(718) 233-3868
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon May 9, 2011
How many homes surrouind the cemetary and do they have rentors? Calla property management company in the area for your most accourate answer

.

David Cooper..Las Vegas Foreclosure in Bank Owned REOs with Cash Flow. email or call for FREE daily list. +1-7024997037 not a real estate agent
Vincent Agri, , Brooklyn, NY
Mon May 9, 2011
As a Real Estate agent we are taught that there are 4 factors that control the success of the deal
Location
Condition
Terms
Marketing
Price
The first can either be a negative or positive for the buyer, which depends on the buyer
Condition is something the seller is in control over, so make it look nice
Terms is also something the seller is in control of, so make it as easy as possible
Marketing is usually handled by a pro, to get your property in front of as many people as possible (but you can do it yourself, with less exposure and usually less success)
But the last tells the whole story, anything that is priced right will sell. Determining what is right is easy with the help of an RE Pro. ( but can be done by you after trial and error) Good Luck. or of course, call a Pro today.
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon May 9, 2011
Dear MSmith:

It all depends on how much rent you ask for! If it is a good deal I am sure you will be able to find people who won't be too worried about it. Besides, you can explain to them that the neighbors are real quiet!! ;)

If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Akop Balayan, Agent, OJai, CA
Mon May 9, 2011
Dear MSmith,

I would say yes, it would be tougher to get renters. My best guess is that your pool of renters shrinks when the location is near a cemetery. However how much tougher it would be to rent it is a difficult question to answer.

I would do a little research online and try to find out what rental rates are in the neighborhood, and then compare it to rental rates nearby but not close to the cemetery. If you see a significant decrease in asking rents for the ares near the cemetery then you'll have some quantitative answer to your question.

Akop
Web Reference:  http://www.vchoushunt.com
Corey Wasser…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon May 9, 2011
There will definitely be people that don't want to live next to a cemetery, but if the price is fair and the unit is nice you probably won't have much trouble.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon May 9, 2011
Depends, since this is really a question about personal preferences...
Hezrell Vasq…, Agent, Massapequa, NY
Sun May 15, 2011
we must remember that there are various different type of people, there are people that would like it and others that won't. the main concern to a tenant is the location, if the area is a good area, condition, price, near transportation, and shops. besides that is on you.
Jack Menashe, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon May 9, 2011
Focusing on Midwood, Gravesend, Homecrest, Bensonhirst, Madison & Sheepshead areas.

Jack Menashe
917.797.0215
http://www.SHERestates.com
Jack Menashe, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon May 9, 2011
Everything is relative. If in the