I found a bank owned home at the Villages Fl. The home is listed with the village’s real estate agents only and is not part of the MLS. I

Asked by Marie Duthie, 60102 Wed May 18, 2011

contacted two of the village’s real estate agents to submit a bid for the property and thus far, both of the agents told me that the listing agent is not allowing them to submit a bid to the bank for this property.

The property has been in short sale for several years. I would appreciate if you can give me any direction how I can submit a bid for this property.

Thanks Much!
Marie

Answers

7
Bev Shive, Agent, The Villages, FL
Wed Nov 2, 2011
Properties of The Villages is the one that probably has the listing. They do not co-broke with any other offfices and are not part of the Board of Realtors so they are not REALTORS.
The Broker there will normally not speak to anyone. So your only option is the listing agent.
Good Luck...
Lavae Dierker…, Agent, The Villages, FL
Wed May 18, 2011
Marie, I work in The Villages for a MLS broker. You may be aware that The Villages Real Estate Division does not allow Realtors to work with any of their sales agents. I have "heard" and also witness that some of the sales agents will not work with any other sales agents with-in The Villages Real Estate Division. The listing agent may be the only one who will help you with an offer for this property. The other situation could be that the property is being sold on a short sale. Sometimes an initial offer is written which dictates no other offers to be submitted until the initial offer is resolved. You might be aware that while an offer is submitted for a short sale and maybe even signed by the seller the actual negotiations for the final sales price doesn't start until once the back not only receives the offer, but opens the file. This can take from 1 week to 2 months or more depending on how many properties a bank employee is handling. If the property is in a foreclosure process and the "auction" is with-in 3-4 weeks there usually isn't sufficient time for an offer to be negotiated and closed prior to the scheduled aution. I hope this might help you understand why the sales agents haven't been able to assist you. If I can be of further service to you please let me know.
Sherona (SHE…, Agent, Lady Lake, FL
Wed May 18, 2011
Hi Marie,
An address would help to look up the information on tax records, I agree to call a 'Managing Broker; there
which you will get a return call from a Sales Manager..and explain.. I am surprised they are listing a bank owned, as they are NOT part of MLS system, however Citizens First Bank has mulitple offices on site..so could be one of theirs, hence it going through The Villages..
hope this helps!
Sherona "Sherry Dye)
Jimmy Willia…, Agent, Clermont, FL
Wed May 18, 2011
Hi Marie,

I am a local realtor who might be able to help you with some answers. If you could email me the property address I will attempt to get the full description about the property. As an FY,I sometimes Bank Owned properties are not immediately put on the market.

Jimmy Williams
Coldwelll Banker
Tyre & Taylor Realty, Inc.
Eustis, FL 32726
(352)874-2354 (cell) call anytime.
capstonejw@gmail.com
capstonejw@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.jimewilliams.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed May 18, 2011
Marie the Villages runs to the beat of another drum unlike other real estate offices. You should go directly to the listing agent. The problem i see is it can not be a short sale and bank owned at the same time, ask the listing direct, get the real story and they should certainly be able to assist you in making an offer if it is still available. Make sure if you are paying cash you have proof of funds letter and if getting amortgage you have a preapproval letter with you offer.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed May 18, 2011
They must have a real estate office that is not part of the local Board of Realtors, or the rule there are different than I am use to. All members of the Board of Realtors have to enter all listings in the Board run MLS system in the areas I know about. But the office does not have to belong to the Board of Realtors if they choose not to. The Villages is a huge place and they must not belong, so you will have to deal with that office. The agent might not even be Realtors either which means they have no code of ethics they follow - Buyer Beware!
Jim McCowan, Agent, Arlington, VA
Wed May 18, 2011
That doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd bypass the agents and go directly to the broker who manages the office.
I just lost a VA banked owned property in the villages because my Realtor was told that there were no other bids by the Listing Agent; however, within hours of my strong Bid the Listing Agent said he received a higher bid. This property sat on market for over a yr. The Lisiting agent should have come back to my Realtor and request my highest bid but he did not. Unsavory business practice!!
Flag Wed Nov 16, 2016