I filed a tax extension. Will lenders want to see my 2008 taxes or will prior year taxes be sufficient.?

Asked by John Bridge, Billerica, MA Fri Apr 17, 2009

I filed a tax extension and don't plan to file my taxes till about October. Will lenders want to see my 2008 taxes or will prior year taxes be sufficient. I am self employed.

Answers

2
Ken Lambert’s answer
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Hi John- As a lender in NH and Mass, I know that we will ask for the 2008 taxes, and if you have officially filed for an extension, we (the underwriter) will delve into it all quite a bit- even without the official 2008 tax returns. It also depends on what field you are in.
If you are a realtor or a car dealer or contractor or something that most people know would be declining in 2008 versus 2007, then the underwriter is going to consider that as a problem.
If you want some more specific info, please let me know. Thanks and good luck,
Ken L.
Deb McCourt, Agent, Ashburnham, MA
Sat Apr 18, 2009
Absolutely, especially in this market, they'll need to see the latest one or .................you should have bought in March ! :)
Go get'em done.