I file joint tax returns with my husband & want to purchase a house in my name alone. Is this possible & how do I do it?

Asked by Mscott777, Norcross, GA Thu May 23, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Liz McDonald, Agent, Charles Town, WV
Fri May 24, 2013
That is absolutely possible as long as you either have the cash to buy the house, or can qualify for the mortgage as an individual. How you file your taxes has no impact on deed. In other words, though buying a home may impact your taxes, how you file your taxes should not impact your ability to buy a home.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Charles Town Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more