THT, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

I encountered this property on Trulia and VERY INTERESTED in it: $247,612 South St #2, Boston MA FORECLOSURE (2 br/1 ba/728 sqft)!

Asked by THT, Boston, MA Wed Jan 16, 2013

Would any real estate experts kindly help me look into this property or be able to advise me what I can do to see the property?

Many thanks in advance!

Answers

9
Heath Coker’s answer
If you know how to search the registry of deeds online you can find a lot of info on foreclosures yourself.
The process takes some time to learn..
I would contact a local real estate professional to save time and money.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
This listing has not been active in the last 6+ months. To get accurate listings please contact a local agent to sign you up on MLS.

Best Of Luck
Thanks so much for everyone's keen answers! I know your time is very limited and valuable that's why I truly appreciate every bit of it! I will definitely and reach out to you soon!
Hi! I just checking everything actively on the market, under agreement and sold (In the last 6 months) with that criteria and nothing matches. Unfortunately trulia doesn't have up to date listing information like most real estate websites.

Here is everything on the market actively for sale in Boston
Web Reference: http://territory.com/
That property was added on Trulia 180+ days ago...which one indication that it may no longer be available. But I would recommend using an experienced agent in foreclosures who can send you more accurate and reliable listings that are currently active.

Best of luck!

Meri Galstian
Boston Luxury Residential
Hi, THT ~

The Trulia listing was posted over 180 days ago. There were 2 "unit #2" condo's that went on the market and were sold in that area within the last 4 months. One has closed and the other is under agreement expected to close at the end of the month.

I'm not sure if all of Trulia listings are listed by the actual broker, they may pull things off of other listing sites, but the pricing for these ended up going closer to market value - $500k.

I'd be happy to help you in your condo search. The season will be kicking in in late February, early March.

Best of luck,
Stephen

Stephen A. Bourassa
Executive Vice President
City Central Realty, LLC
617.738.7700
Also, if you click on the "?" it will explain the "transfer value" as not being the actual current list price.
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your time and answers Eric and Sarah!

I was actually hoping to look into this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3074059350--South-St-2-Bos…

It's seemed to be the South Street in the Boston's leather district, the area that I wish to look into.
THT,
The foreclosure properties on Trulia in general are not usually valid. I would find a local agent who specializes in REO properties to work with.

Best of luck!

There is nothing currently showing located on South Street in JP on MLS. That being said, I'd be happy to help you search for similar properties if you are interested.

Eric Rollo
William Raveis Real Estate