I don't understand why home values in Hanover seem to have gone down more than other towns. I know rt 53 is ugly but rest of town seems nice.Thoughts?

Asked by kaioak36, Hanover, MA Wed Feb 27, 2013

Answers

3
MaryBeth Mil…, Agent, Pembroke, MA
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Hanover is a very stable community. If we look at the homes which have sold we will see that the type of home and pricing is applicable for the property and that the comparison to the past were homes in a different higher price range but also a different general value. I have had this discussion with media in the past when Hanover was hit with a published article showing a huge decrease in value when it truly was not the case - a home with a market value of $300,000 was $300,000 and no deep discounts and one that was $400,000 was $400,000. It just so happened that the data they were comparing to had a number of large dollar sales, i.e. several $500,000 homes and up - compared to a number of sales in a current healthy market which were different style homes in the under $500,000 range, so statistically it showed a noticeable decrease in market value but they were comparing apples and oranges.

I would be very happy to share the data with you via email or in person. You can reach me via my cell at 781-910-7294 and my email at TradeWinds Realty Group llc at MaryBeth@TradeWindsRealtyGroup.com.

Hanover is a thriving stable community with much to offer including consistent quality housing.
Joyce Macle…, Agent, Norwell, MA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
actually hanover has started to the average sale price as of 12/31/12 was $454,746 and that was only a -1%difference from the same time a year ago, compared to neighboring towns like norwell which was -6%, scituate -7%, hingham -8%.
i think that Hanover has begun recovery and will continue to grow in a positive direction.
if you would like to discuss further i would be happy to talk to you
joyce MacLellan @coldwell banker 1-800-334-3380- or my cell 617-584-1886
have a good day! think postive!!
Elaine Shea, Agent, Norwell, MA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Hi!!! Values may have been down months ago, and the home and updates are super influential factors!!location also is key, as you know. But recent activity seems to be terrific, frankly...like multiple offers on a home within the last couple of weeks. If you have specific questions or concerns, please call or email me directly...no obligation!! I will be happy to give you more specific details. Elaine Shea. 781-799-0692. Email: elainejshea@gmail.com