I don't have good credit because we have never had credit both have good jobs. Is there hope for us to get a house?

Asked by Rebekah Jones, Sidney, OH Wed Jan 4, 2012

We are expecting baby number two and we r stuck in a tiny place we have outgrown!

Answers

4
Nicki New’s answer
Nicki New, Agent, Sidney, OH
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Rebekah, I may have some options for you. Give me an idea of what your looking for and the price point. If you need time before buying we do offer a lease to own option, which will help build your credit and down payment while getting you into your new home before the new baby. Feel free to contact me by email info@shrevesconstruction.com or your welcome to call our office 937-492-8640.
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Rebekah,
If you and your hsuband never had credit, you wouldn't have any credit score. Go to your local non profit housing group for credit counseling. The counselor will go over your credit report with you. They will tell you what you are doing wrong and what you should be doing. Listen to them and when your score is 640+ you can think of buying.
Steve Dykstra, Agent, Rockford, MI
Wed Jan 4, 2012
Ann gave you good advise. If you pay your ulilities, insurance and any other bills on time that will all help. You could get a credit card but only use it if you know for sure you will pay it off when you recieve your bill.
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Wed Jan 4, 2012
A good job is not a requirement for good credit. Paying your bills on time is. Concentrate on making sure you make the minimum payment every month, and paying off any outstanding obligations. Soon your credit score will begin to rise. Then, and only then, will it be easier for you to get a loan.

In most of the world, entire families live in homes that most Americans would consider a walk-in closet. While it will be tough, I am completely sure you can survive it.

I hope 2012 will bring you and your family health, happiness and good news on the job front.