I did a short sale 3 years ago. Will I be able to buy an investment in tahoe or would I need to wait longer for the short sale to fall off my record?

Asked by Linh To, South Lake Tahoe, CA Thu Jul 18, 2013

Answers

5
Chandra Watk…, Agent, Redlands, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
You should be good to go! Speak with a lender to make sure everything else with your credit, debt ratios, and employment status are in order.
Wally Johnson, Agent, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Always best to contact a professional lender to get the best answer for your particular situation.
Margaret Hol…, Agent, Diamond Springs, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
You need to wait 2 years for a conventional loan or 3 for FHA and 2 for VA. You should be good to go. Feel free to contact me for a great lender that will help you find out for sure. Just click on my profile and I can email you some lender referrals. Also if you have a place in mind I'd be happy to look into it for you. Best of luck.
Randall Ortiz, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Contact me if you still need help with this.
916-529-3707
Michelle Tho…, Agent, El Dorado Hills, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
I have seen clients purchase three years later but it was purchased as a primary residence. I can have a lender call you if you would like.