I'd like to purchase a house and rent it out for the next yr Where can I find information on property managers

Asked by Matt, Raleigh, NC Thu Jul 3, 2008

I currently live in CA, but will be moving back to the triangle area in ~2 years. I'd like to buy a house now and rent it out for about 1 year before I come back. Since I'm 3000 miles away I'd feel more comfortable with a property manager local to the area and able to look after the property and anything it may need. Where can I find information about this type of service; cost of service, different levels provided, etc...

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Diana Braun, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Aug 4, 2008
Hello Matt:
Thank you for posting your question. Our firm Ammons Pittman GMAC Real Estate has been in the area over 33 years helping customers with their real estate needs. We have offices in Raleigh (which is where my office is located), East Wake, Wake Forest, and Apex. We also have Ammons Pittman Property Management Division to help with situations just like yours. Their direct number is (919) 790-5455 ask for Jason, Beth, or Melynda and they can share with you the fees and a list of the exceptional services they provide for the homeowner. If you would like to begin your search for this home, reach out and contact me at the link below and I would be glad to offer my services. Have a fantastic day!
Web Reference:  http://www.apgmac.com/DBraun
0 votes
Donna Bedford, , 27513
Sat Aug 2, 2008
I actually have a house in 27513 that I am looking to seel and then rent - do you know where you are thinking of buying
0 votes
Karen Barbour, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Hi Matt,

I would recommend Block and Associates. They primarily focus on managing rental properties and I have had good professional interactions with them. Their web site is:
http://www.nchomerentals.com/. They have a great user friendly website that has many of the needed forms on it. I would ask to speak with some of their customers (landlords) to see what their experience has been with them.

Good luck.
0 votes
Krista Abshu…, Agent, Fuquay Varina, NC
Thu Jul 3, 2008
If you are thinking of purchasing in the southern Wake county area I recommend Mary Hornsby. She handles the properties of my broker in charge as well as another agent in my firm. She is also one of the agents that we tell home owners to contact if they call our office asking for a property manager. Although she handles many properties, she is not a HUGE business, so you and your property will get more personal attention. Her office number is (919)418-6222.

If you would like some assistance trying to find a home to buy in the area I would be glad to set you up on a Prospect Gateway" search. This will notify you each time a home that meets all of your desired characteristics is listed for sale. It is a wonderful program, especially when you are trying to look for homes but can not continually search the market your self for new listings.

Best of luck to you.

Krista Abshure, Realtor
Century 21 Becky Medlin Realty
0 votes
Lizete Santos, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Hi Matt,

I agree with my colleague Mike. Bev Roberts is very knowledgable about the area.
You can visit her website. On average the cost will be about the same amongst the different property management companies.

Here are two more for you to check out:
Jim Cameron
Office: 919-481-0123
Fax: 919-467-5992
E-mail: jim@cameronpm.com

Debbie Henry
Office: 919-859-2323
Fax: 919-859-0611
E-mail: henryrentals@yahoo.com

Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.LizeteSantos.com
0 votes
Mike Jaquish, Agent, Cary, NC
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Most PM's will be forthcoming regarding fees and services.
You just need to ask!
Here's one link for a Cary/Raleigh Property manager.
Web Reference:  http://robertsrentals.net
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more