I'd like to buy a rental property in Walnut Creek or Pleasant Hill.

Asked by Colleen, Concord, CA Wed May 16, 2012

I am looking for to buy a rental property. Which areas are good to rent easily in Walnut Creek and Pleasant Hill?

Answers

11
Jeannette Ba…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Jul 10, 2012
If the property you are buying is an investment you have to ask yourself two questions how far do you want to be from your investment and is price an issue??? Sometimes owning an investment property too far away may turn into a headache but not all the time. Do you want to stay close to where you live??? Then look for properties closer to where you live, they can easily be maintained when a problem may arise. If you don't mind the commute you can get great properties a little further from home that can have a good return. What's really important to ask yourself is where do you want to buy, a great investment can be anywhere as long as the numbers make sense. Wish you the Best! Jeannette Batsikas
Emil Huang, Agent, wALNUT CREEK, CA
Wed Jun 6, 2012
It is very difficult to tell you which areas are good to rent easily. I can tell you that the rental inventory is low and rental price went up. If you want to explore further, please call me and let meet at my Office at 1954 Contra costa Blvd, Pleasant Hill. My cell # is 925-408-6999.
Neil Case, Agent, Martinez, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
Investment properties need be treated a little differently than buying a property you will live in. You first must determine your goal. Is your goal to attain the very best monthly cash flow? Or is your goal to realize the best appreciation potential? Or a combo of some of each of these factors. Often times the best cash flow properties are in the worst areas (not always) and therefore don't realize much appreciation. On the other hand, if your primary goal is geared toward appreciation speculation you will find that cash flow is probably going to be a bit on the thin side.

Unless you plan to convert it to a personal residence for you or someone in your family, a key aspect will be to remove your emotion from the decision. It need be looked at strictly from a numbers point of view. The single biggest mistake investors make is to turn down a property because "they themselves wouldn't live there". Obviously, you'll want a desirable property to attract the best possible tenant but it must be looked at less through emotion and more from an analytical point of view.

I have a very powerful bit of software that allows me to analyze any property for both cash flow and long term capital gains as well as cash on cash returns, tax implications and dozens of other ways to look at and analyze a property's investment potential.

Anytime you would like a free report like this just contact me. I know the area very well. I will know what input and projections to use for different areas. I can suggest potential properties to identify and together we can analyze them based on YOUR personal goal choices. I can do all this for you at no charge when you hire me to be your buyer's agent. (which is also no charge to you).

Neil Case 925-382-7294
Suzanne Look…, Agent, Lafayette, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Colleen,

Rental properties are becoming a hot item and there are ways to compete with the other investors wanting the same thing as you. Both areas are excellent right now, due to the low inventory of rentals and the desireability of both locations.

If you are seriously interested, choose a qualified realtor and get out there to see what is available. You will need to be prepared to move quickly as these opportunities are fleeting.

Please contact one of us to pursue.

Suzanne Looker
Web Reference:  http://www.suzannelooker.com
Carolyn Zeig…, , Danville, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Colleen,
As someone who deals with renters on a regular basis, I find that renters want to have a location which is central to commute or public transportation, laundry facilities nearby or in the unit, updated and clean properties, availability to good schools for their children and competitive pricing.

Are you looking to purchase a condo, a single family home, or multi unit building? Each one has their own pros and cons.

If I can be of assistance in your search, please feel free to call me at 925-487-1996 or send me an email at: zrealestatelady@pacbell.net.

Carolyn Zeigler,CRS
Re/Max Accord
Kamal Randha…, Agent, El Sobrante, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
These are both very desirable areas...so might be expensive as investment properties....if you like...we can look at surrounding areas where you may be able to generate positive cash flow
Denise Dauph…, Agent, Danville, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
It depends on what type of property you want to buy and what your preferred price point is. I can direct you better once I know. I am a broker who works in both towns and has been actively representing investor clients for 30 years. I can tell you the pros and cons of each town and neighborhood because I have clients in many of them. I am also a property manager and am current on the landlord tenant laws in California. These laws are mind boggling and one must stay current to represent investor clients effectively and correctly. Feel free to contact me for further information.
Michael Mccu…, , Walnut Creek, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
Just about any areas in either city would be good. The closer to commuter access, BART or the freeways is preferred. I would not recommend a condominium, however. The Homeowners Association dues are not easily passed on to the tenant, nor should they be. Most associations have restrictions as to the number or percentage of units that can be rented. Your best bet is a smaller single family home with a minimum or good landscaping. Have you ever e a owned rental property before? Are you mentally prepared to be a landlord? Having been one over the past 30 years and having been involved in the management of over 30,000 units in 6 states, there is a lot to consider.
I would be happy to discuss the pros and cons with you.

Mike McCutcheon, CPM
Dudum Real Estate Group
DRE #00354462
925-457-3209
Miguel G del…, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Colleen
Walnut Creeek and Pleasant Hill are very desirable locations for both home owners and renters alike. The current market in these areas has shown to be very active. If you'd like more information please contact me at 925-478-9545. My office is in downtown Walnut Creek. Thank you
Francisco Or…, , Walnut Creek, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Colleen,
The best way to buy a rental in Walnut Creek is by Contacting me Francisco Ortiz at 925-899-4670
I work for Peoples & Properties Sotheby's Realty I will guide you to purchase your rental in Walnut Creek
Angel Hernan…, Agent, Concord, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
Any area close to the BART station is always a safe bet. Feel free to contact me for a list of available properties.

A Luis Hernandez
BRE Comercial Real Estate
01859210
510-205-6616