I'd like to buy a foreclosure property in Monsey and need to find a foreclosure specialist. Could you help me please. Thank you.

Asked by Alex, 07936 Sun Dec 26, 2010

Answers

9
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Hi Allan,

As Trulia.com is a Consumer-advocacy website, I often answer questions within my purview to provide relevant information to other consumers who may be visiting Trulia.com today for the first time. If my answer was time-sensitive---such as discussing current interest rates or a specific loan program---then I could see your point. But as this question might pertain to another consumer who is thinking about buying a foreclosure property in the Monsey (or surrounding areas) TODAY, then I feel my answer is timely enough.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Guess somebody just decided to answer question 28 months after it was posted!!
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Good afternoon Alex,

I've been helping First Time Buyers for 23 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

For Short Sales, my attitude of late is that First Time Buyers should steer clear. Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Jan 10, 2011
Hello Alex, Hope you have received the proper knowledge and attention to detail in the desired area you want. If not, email or call me anytime for the great service you deserve. I know this area quite well!! Best Regards Allan

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-770-2141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
For the latest in Buyers and Sellers Resources,
visit my website at; http://www.allanerps.randrealty.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Dec 27, 2010
There are plenty of agents that can assist you, therefore consider interviewing in person a few local agents, or as many as needed, from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and go from there.
Carmen Di Bi…, Agent, Nyack, NY
Mon Dec 27, 2010
You can begin by looking for SFR (short sale and foreclosure resource) and/or CDPE (certified distressed property expert) certifications in addition to ABR (accredited buyer representative). Ask how many successful foreclosure sales she has completed and asked her to describe some of the circumstances surrounding the process. From this, you will get a good idea of her experience. You can then continue to interview her as you would any agent you were thinking of hiring.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Dec 27, 2010
Hello Alex, Thank you for your email. In regards to your question, there are currently several properties in this area that are either in Foreclosure or Short Sale. Would gladly assist you, but would need your price point and possibly type of house as well. Is your goal to live in this house or "flip", the terms of your financing, etc. I will go over hundreds of listings if necessary if provided enough information. My work ethic and dedication to my clients will be your biggest asset. Please let me know if I can help. Best Regards Allan

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-770-2141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
Desari Jabbar, Agent, Stone Mountain, GA
Mon Dec 27, 2010
Alex,
They're lots of experienced realtors here on trulia who can assist you with a foreclosure purchase.
Please read my blog on how to choose a good realtor

http://www.trulia.com/blog/DesariJabbar/2010/11/looking_for_…
Web Reference:  http://www.DesariJabbar.com
Vanessa Saun…, Agent, Larchmont, NY
Mon Dec 27, 2010
Good Morning Alex:
As a Certified Distressed Property Expert (see CDPE.com) I am both educated and experienced in negotiating foreclosures. If you would like to discuss the property, and strategy for securing it for you & your family, please get in touch with me at your earliest convenience.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, and into the home of your dreams!
Vanessa Saunders, MBA, MIMC, ABR, CDPE
NY State Licensed RE Associate Broker
Baer & McIntosh RE
845 598 5083
Web Reference:  http://wesellny.com