I currently live in Tampa, and I am looking to move to Largo area in the future. My husband works in 33777

Asked by Lookinginlargo, Tampa, FL Wed Aug 13, 2008

area so we would like to stay close to that area. I am wondering what is the best neighborhood to live in this area. In Tampa everyone wants to live in South Tampa, because of the great schools etc. So what is the best area in or around 33777, to live with the best schools.

Answers

6
James Moran, Agent, St Petersburg, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2008

You're going to be looking in a good part of Pinellas County. The Seminole Schools have an excellent reputation & that area is very much in demand. Much of the Largo/Seminole area meld together to the point that you often aren't sure what town you're actually in without checking a map closely. Seminole carries a more positive name recognition but there are areas of Largo that are very nice also. I have a 4 bedroom/3 bath pool home listed right now for $300k in Largo that is quite the value for the money & being a buyer in this market you'll be very much in the driver's seat.

Here is a link to the Pinellas County School District website page that will allow you to get some additional statistics & information about any school in the system. That link is http://www.pcsb.org/Schools/dashboard1.html . Pinellas County has recently revamped the way they determine which schools children will attend depending on your address.

Once you determine where you'd like to move to in order to get into the school of your choice just give me a call. If I can help you with any other questions or help you find a house just give me call or e-mail me.

Jim Moran, Broker-Associate, Prudential Tropical Realty, 727-799-2227 ext 223, C 727-278-4711, E-mail: jimdmoran@tampabay.rr.com
Marilyn Good, Home Seller, Seminole, FL
Tue Nov 11, 2008
I believe Seminole is the best area. It has a small town feel, yet everything is conveniently near. Malls, shopping , etc.The schools are rated as the best in Pinellas. I currently live in 33777 Seminole in a condo. We currently have it for sale, because we want to move into a house, but we want to stay in the same area. It is a resort style, gated community. The condo is 1700 sq. ft. 2/2 + den, 3 yrs. old. We have tennis courts, pool, workout room, a walking path around the complex, a private beach area, fishing pier. The community is located on Long Bayou. It is really beautiful.
Victoria, Home Seller, Largo, FL
Tue Sep 23, 2008
I have a mobile home for sale in Largo, Fl (Pinellas County). Please contact me for details and pictures. 336-262-8980
Tania Rutland, , Largo, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2008
The best area and best schools depends on what's best within your price range. Start your search by zip code and sort by subdivisions to see what's available and take a weekend tour to get a feel for the neighborhood. I invite you to set up your free personal home search. You can select your own criteria, save favorites and share with friends and family. Click here to set up your home search.... http://www.StopHouseHunting.com/ ......and feel free to call me if you'd like additional information.

Tania Rutland, Realtor
ERA Buxton Properties, Inc.
147 N Belcher Rd
Largo, FL 33771
Cell: (727) 804-4520
Office: (727) 538-0034
Fax: (727) 531-1490
Email: Tatiana.Rutland@era.com
Website: http://www.ShopPinellasHomes.com
Cyndee & Jack…, Agent, Seminole, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Dear Just Looking,
Pinellas County recently instituted "close to home" schools which will effect where your kids go based on where you buy a home however our county in transition from the old system to the new one. There are many good schools however currently in this area the Seminole school district is the only area with all A rated schools and as you can imagine most seats are taken and we are limited due to the FL Amendment limiting class sizes.

Since buyers we work with like you have education as a priority we made it a point to meet with, Jim Madden, the person in charge of Pinelas County school assignment last week to get the facts for you. I actually wrote on our community blog about this (including videos) on how things will work as well as giving you his direct info to contact. He's encouraging people with questions to contact him because as he explained unless you have a child entering Kindergarten, 6th grade or 9th - there is NO guarantee they will get their close to home school (I know wouldn't that make things easier for all of us ;) - read more about the details at http://www.clearwaterrealestatetampahomes.com/pinellas-count… . He even shares his phone number and email to make sure you get accurate info - many people here are still confused on how the new system actually will work.

In mid-September the Pinellas County school board will roll out new web features so you can put in address and find the "close to home" school that any given address will coordinate with - even though we will be in transition for the next few years where you buy will ultimately determine where they go to school unless your children go to one of our Magnet or fundemental schools (these have their own process)

Good luck in your search - We would love to help you buy a home when the time is right - we specialize in helping buyers like you and you can see videos from some of our past clients sharing their experience working with us at http://www.ClearwaterRealEstateTampaHomes.com/clients

Cyndee Haydon
Belloise Realty
Cell: (727) 710-8035
Email: cyndeehaydon@gmail.com
Michael Cepa…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2008
I am not at liberty to tell you what schools are better then others, although I can give you this link, which will give you the grades of all the schools. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Thanks.
Mike Ceparano, 8134176698
ceppym@yahoo.com
http://www.buyandselltampa.com/School_Grades/page_2053659.html